1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how about this mckenzie pack job!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ryanolson72, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

Un real. They must make a large cut of the shipping and i see it more and more with them. They shipped me 1 fish body and 5 pairs of eyes in this box.. mind you this box is 44"'s tall 20''s wide. This is freckin crazy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I would return it.

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

LOL that ain't nothing, ordered 3 African lions and a leopard lifesize by TRUCK last week they still cut the lions and leopards into 6 and 7 pieces each
    Cut off all 4 legs and the body in half and the heads off.
    It sicks I saved NOTHING I still have to foam them together 4 hours each 16 hours work, I lost my * ss on this one...

The bigger they grow the worse it gets

4. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: how about this mckenzie pack job!

Dennis....at least yours are arriving in one piece. I have had to call 5 our 6 times now because of damaged stuff......i ended up fixing it and they have me credit....but what a pain.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: how about this mckenzie pack job!

By one piece of course I meant the box above....not your african stuff!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

I hear ya dennis! The bigger they get the worse it seems to be. I would be pissed if I ordered by truck and everything was cut. I have not ahd that problem yet with my truck orders, but again I aint gettin Lion forms! :)

And Bill, I never thought of that not a bad idea, that is why I took pictures, the best part was the small box in the bottom that had 5 pairs of fish eyes in it wrapped in bubble wrap. It was about a 3" round ball in an ocean!

7. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

They did that 15 years ago with a LS moose. Paid freight to get a piece form and it was still cut up!

Here's one.....
    [​IMG]
    They still have great service though. But sometimes they leave you scratching your head.

8. How do they (any supplier) determine how much to cut up a form? I got a lifesize bear from Jonas and it was cut in 5 pieces. I have no clue how much it saved me on shipping, but I can't imagine it saved me enough to cover the cost of putting it back together.

9. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

I ordered 6 small things and it came in 4 shipments,LOL but I did order from McVansco :-\

10. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

They do have great customer service, but the shipping is beyond ridiculous

11. put a order in for a mt,lion
    i got 2 back halfs instead, so someone somewhere must have 2 front halfs..lol

12. That will make a cool mount :)

13. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

So, this is how things will be shipped in 2025 - lol! (See date on photo).

I'm sure somebody will come in to defend them. But, this is a bit ridiculous. It seems to me that somebody is trying to make money on the shipping and handling portion of things??? I don't order a lot and have been relatively happy with all the suppliers. But, if I rec'd something like this I would demand a credit for the cost difference on the smaller packaging that they should have used. The only issues I've had in the past were with VanKenzie (McDykes?) shipping items on backorder that I wasn't told about at the time of the order or it was shipped from another location and I got hit with significant charges to ship that ONE item. I called and complained and rec'd a credit for those issues. I can't relate to the cut-up form issues, but I would have demanded they take them back on their nickle and reship uncut forms. And since I paid for shipping already, that too would be on their nickle. I would call and complain. But, hey that's just ME - lol!

14. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

You're lucky to get that much a$$.

15. I think McKenzies main problem is they need to buy more than 3 sizes of boxes... Large and Medium and Small. They need to RETRAIN their staff and Buy about 5 more box Shapes...

16. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

You HAVE to wonder if the folks in the packaging dept. have any idea what they're loading into the boxes before doing so? I have no idea how the process works, but I could see someone non-knowledgeable of taxidermy products grabbing a medium sized box and then realize after he/she stuffs the box and fills the order that they could have used a smaller box. At which point they say screw-it and tape it up instead of emptying and refilling in a smaller box. It's EASIER to continue onward as most customers probably won't complain. Just a guess though. I cannot imagine too many other reasons for doing something like this. They need to retrain and "go green" lol!

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Having worked in two different metal shops, both in the shipping department, I can suspect that nobody at McKenzies watches what goes on in the shipping room. Maybe the proper size box is out of stock for a day or two. It happens. Still, we would cut down big boxes to save shipping cost, the less filler we used, the less it cost us. But I don't see the reasoning for what I see in Ryans picture.

18. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

the head of shipping is running for a corporate position.......

19. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

I have had the same thing many of times. A huge box with something small in it, or something backordered and receive a set of eyes seperate in a 24 inch by 24 inch box. Thier shipping policy says right at the bottom though "You may rest assured that your order will be boxed in the most economical yet safest manner." I think im gonna start photographing some of them pack jobs. I dont mind paying for shipping but some of these are a little rediculous

20. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Just had the same thing happen last week. I got a lifsize whitetail in one box, a Joe Meder Flehming mouth piece in one box, and 4 needles in another.. what the hell?