1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I feel so ashamed

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by PluckyPossum, Oct 1, 2011.

1. PluckyPossum

PluckyPossum New Member

Maine
    I just made one of those squirrels with a beer bottle inside it for my cousin. It's his birthday and he really wanted one. I am torn because it came out good for being my third try at a squirrel, but so bad because that was a big beautiful animal and now he looks so humiliated :(
    Also it was a huge pain in the ass!

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Don't feel ashamed. Just don't do it again ;D

3. GSD

GSD New Member

I'm having trouble picturing this... A beer bottle inside a squirrel ??? Do you have any photos?

4. PluckyPossum

PluckyPossum New Member

Maine
    I'll take some tomorrow and post, and HELL NO I will not be doing that again! ;D What a huge pain, only love for my cousin compelled me. I will be producing these in the future for no less than $2k each! :D

5. I've got to admit I would like to see this because I cannot picture how a beer bottle in a squirrel would work. I've seen people make bottle openers out of deer rumps.

6. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38376048/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/its-percent-wrapped-roadkill-worlds-most-shocking-beer/

7. PluckyPossum

PluckyPossum New Member

Maine
    Yep, that's it alright. :p
    I took some pics today but we are in the process of moving and I can't locate the cord to upload.
    Working on it...

8. Do you think if I used a badger for the ice tea pitcher and some mouse salt and pepper shakers that my relatives wouldn't visit as long?

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You will eliminate your failures through experience. Sadly, there's only one way to gain experience. Now you can say "Been there, done that, not going back again."

10. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

If you want to get better, you need to stop counting how many you have done. Go for "dozens" or "hundreds", stop dwelling on the small numbers and get "lots" of them done. I wouldn't worry about what they looked like, you are still practicing. Just evaluate each one and move on to the next.

11. TimbosTaxidermy

TimbosTaxidermy New Member

Oh my lord i thought i had seen it all. that beats all!! :eek:

12. that shows disrespect to the animal,just my opinion

13. I do a lot of weird stuff, but never seen one of those..... bet they sell for a few bucks on eBay..... maybe I will try some! ;)
    I agree with most animals being disrespected, but squirrels are a pain in the azz, and could care less what is done with them. If I can make a few bucks on them, I will mount them anyway the customer wants. I run a business, not a bunny hugging shop. A $200 stupid squirrel mount will pay at least one bill!

14. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

My teacher had on holding a beer can, but never one with a bottle inside. That's just weird.

15. PluckyPossum

PluckyPossum New Member

Maine
    Still unpacking from moving and my camera cord is still missing : ( I promise to post when it turns up.

16. Jtown

Jtown New Member

17. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I won’t do anything mount wise that is not in the normal realm of that animals life , I don’t care what I’m offered , well maybe for a million but no less

Micah Howards likes this.
  18. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

seen a few armadillos drinking out of a beer bottle. I remember as kid my cousins and I found some whole chickens in moms frig. we put cigarettes in their necks and mom got all huffy.

Jtown likes this.
  19. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Not unlike my making hard cider by the gallon and then freezing the water out of it (applejack). Used to be a popular gift when I made it. Was told it gave you one hell of a hangover though. :) Didn't need to pour it out of a dead squirrel either.

[​IMG]

Jtown likes this.