1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What pose is best for this buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dawg3458, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

This is the New Indiana State record archery buck. Green scores 247.

Client has pretty much left it up to me on this mount. What would be the best form to use? Shoulder mount only. I tried to talk him into half LS mount. His wife says no.
    Left shoulder lost alot of hair while dragging out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Semi sneak with a little left sweep

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Any extra form that size you had laying around would work.

4. Mason

Mason Active Member

Paul is correct!

If you have any stock forms layin around and it is up to you. Now's your chance to make a couple extra bux or recoop the ones lost by not using those forms.
    How could you mount that dude in the wrong pose ? :D To me, he looks good from all angles! Make sure and post a pic when done.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I agree 100%!! Don't worry about the form as long as it has a turn and instead spend your time rebuilding all the great detail you will see with that short hair cape!

6. Mason

Mason Active Member

You got that right Mchael,

That size and that cape. Will make a beautiful mount with some time spent!

7. If their is hair missing on one side I would go to a wall ped and get the extra money for doing it that way. Add a special back to it with the Micheal P rock method and make even more money for just a little extra work. And then he will have a one of a kind mount.

8. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

I searched this buck and people are saying they have seen the pics before and its an old pic or fake or something. Just stating what I got out of searching. Personally I don't know but its a n awesome buck here in Indiana.

9. phoenixx

phoenixx New Member

joe- nothing comes up on tineye ( http://www.tineye.com/ ).

Pretty buck though! :D

10. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

To clear up what I meant- archerytalk.com has a forum discussion about this deer. Some people were saying they had seen the pic before but reading everything else it seems legitimate. I don't care either way. I think its a great deer.

11. guinea1

guinea1 New Member

revolution sneak sweep would be my choice on a wide deer

12. dozier

dozier New Member

Semi sneak left , semi upright left . Or ofcourse aggresive .

13. Semi- upright, Left or Right turn does not matter, Offset. Offset will turn out very nice

14. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

WOW! I think any pose will be good.

15. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

I've read all the post also.... lol
    The deer was killed 9-19-11. In a urban deer zone. These are the first sets of pics with permission from the hunter to be posted. This deer has got him alot of unwanted drama the last few weeks. I promise pics are real. If you like I can email you a copy of the title for the truck in pic. I just bought it last winter...lol

16. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Post a pic when you get it done. Thanks