1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ October 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ October 2011 !!!!!!!!

The warmest of welcomes from Reno Nevada! Fall is in the air and the Sportsman are out in the woods! I do hope that you’re autumn is profitable and you all enjoy a great season this fall! I’m working on a project here in Nevada and California this month and will be again over the winter I will share photos with you all when it comes together!

I’m visiting with long time friend and Game Room designer/ Taxidermist Mr. Kevin Libby of trophy room services over the past week and Kevin shared some of the spectacular game rooms he has designed! Truly inspiring to see how planning and hard work with a lot of creativity come in to play when designing and creating a Game Room!

What an outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took sometime this morning and looked at some truly inspiring works of fish art!
    We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of October with a wonderful story of a three generation story about a father and his son who came to NH to fulfill a dream for a Grandfather. Our great friend and forum contributor Mr. Brad Jones of Cicero, Indiana came back to New Hampshire for a visit and to catch up on some fun and fishwork! This trip Brad brought his son Jason to work on a great project of personal meaning for the Jones Boys! Brad and Jason created a beautiful Crappie mount for Brad’s dad Homer Jones! Homer a long time sportsman and hardcore Crappie fisherman was given this beautiful work of fish art in honor of a family’s respect and love for a Dad who took the time to teach the outdoors and sporting to a son! How cool is that!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in November!

So here we go and here is to a great October in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is Photo of Homer Jones doing a bit of Crappie Fishing!

[​IMG]

Here is Homer with his Prize Crappie courtesy of the Son Brad and Grandson Jason who benefit from the lessons in life given to them by Homer Jones!

[​IMG]

Here are the Jones boys with the Crappie they put together along with a cool display.

[​IMG]

The Jones family project!

[​IMG]

My Best!
    Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Rd
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296 Email [email protected]

Call for One on One classes! Available to all levels of interest!
    Check out The New Rick Krane Anglers Artistry DVDs Education Series Call us or write Today!

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Very nice crappie!

3. Brad and Jason, Beautiful crappie!John, Purdy brownie as well!

4. Very nice Crappie Brad and Jason......Homer will be pleased..for sure !
    I finished up a Commercial Bluegill Saturday..

Attached Files:

• 8bgl.jpg
      8bgl.jpg
      File size:
      115.3 KB
      Views:
  5. ryanstraw

ryanstraw my first brook trout on a fly 13"

Very nice gill dondi and John love the brown trout!

6. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ October 2011 !!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this with everyone Rick, It touchs my heart.

Not the best pictures as I used my phone. I will get some better pics tonight with a real camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. dougp

dougp Active Member

Nice start to a new month....here's a 13lb. Lk Erie walleye. B4 & after.

DougP

Attached Files:

8. dougp

dougp Active Member

After....

Attached Files:

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nice Walleye Doug

10. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Good start for sure with some nice fish.......Congrats to the Jones family and beeeutiful Walleye there Doug..........

11. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

It's been awhile since I posted a Picture, the gameheads in my shop have been consuming all my time. I like to post the unusual a 36" 12 LB Dogfish skin mount.

Attached Files:

12. Trashfish

close up of the cast head and JL eye

Attached Files:

13. Trashfish

Even Trashfish get detailed scale work and cast fins

Attached Files:

14. Jim F.

Jim F. Let's go Fishin!!!

Some pretty sweet fish so far this month!!!
    It's been a great summer for big Kings on Lake Michigan and next year looks to be even better.
    These are the first 2 of many I got in this summer.
    Skin mounts, custom cast heads, Liquid Scales.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Wow!!

What a great start!

Nice story, and gift MR JONES!!

Terry, FANTASTIC MY FRIEND.

Nothing good from me. Working on wholesale fish ,and losing money. Story of my life. LOL.

21'' Male Wholesale fish.
    Carved Body, Cast Head/Fins.

Basic Airbrush Job. No powder work at all on wholesale.

Attached Files:

16. Nice work to all!!! Keep em coming.

17. A 40yr redo Blue gill..before..after

Attached Files:

18. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

Good job Al!

19. Thanks Medic. :)