1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ October 2011 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 2, 2011.

1. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Love it Ollie!
    Atlantics are the ultimate and you guys have the biggest and best over there for sure ;)

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

some great work

3. Ollie,
    Great looking Atlantic Salmon ! Very clean, well done ..!

4. DanB

DanB New Member

Hey guys, thanks for the nice words on my recent fish I posted. Ollie, nice Atlantic. My knowledge is ZERO when it comes to them. The Atlantic I posted was a very fat Brown trout blank with the head and fin modified and painted like a somewhat silverish female Atantic. The client worked with me on this with lots of instructions. Yours are nice. I'm confused when it comes to coldwater fish.

Rich B. I'm glad to see you are doing some skin mounts.

Jimmy, what do I owe you this month for sayin good things about my fish? :D Your fees are getting a little to high. Can't afford it any longer. Just kiddin man, thanks for the comments.

Its nice to pop in here every now and then and see everyones recent fish work, and its fun to participate in this thread.

5. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Re: Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ October 2011 !!!!!!!!

Dan, your fish are fantastic! I enjoy seeing your work each month.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. akace24

akace24 New Member

Another couple of Lake Country Blanks

Attached Files:

7. Hey that laker makes you look small.. lol Sweet ... Here is my Buick. thank goodness it's done. 329 Mako.

Attached Files:

8. Here are some scar effects courtesy of Rick Krane.. thanks for all the tips brother.

Attached Files:

9. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

wow...nice work on the Mako CT.......here's a nothing special LM...it had virtually no markings but I put in some faint ones anyhow......

Attached Files:

10. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

[​IMG]

11. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

That laker looks awesome!..got any closeups

12. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

I agree, the laker is very nice. A char. He has lots of detail work but after all was said and done it just doesn't show. I would welcome any comments if you care to P.M. me.
    Thanks, Jim
    [​IMG]

13. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

That mako is stunning!! Great work here again!!!

14. HPTEd

HPTEd New Member

Wow very nice detail lets hope i can do this well on my first rep before i get to the real work

15. Thank you Brian and JP for the kind words on the mako. It's all smoke a mirrors... if I had to do it over again I'd change my approach, such a learning curve on new fish but thats what makes it enjoyable and frustrating.. :) I'd liked to make one for the kids they thought it was so cool. lol

16. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Bearded stone loach Noemacheilus barbatulus ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Some Excellent work once again...
    Sarmite, your "Bearded stone loach Noemacheilus barbatulus", reminds me a little bit of the Round Goby's we have in Lake Erie now...They arrived thru tha ballast of ocean going ships from the Baltic Sea..

This week I have finished an 11" White Crappie from my mold collection..

Attached Files:

18. Another pic of the fins..

Attached Files:

19. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

Beautiful work everyone! Sarmite I always love your pix.You do such unique stuff!

20. Den007, I just busted my gut!!!!! ;D