1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any taxidermist charging over $200 per deer head is a SCAM ARTIST !!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Heath Cline, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Thats what I was just told on Facebook !! LOL
    I was trying to explain to a part timer that he wasn't charging enough for deer heads. He says he charges $200. I told him his time is worth more than that !
    Well he keeps telling me he is making money at $ 200 and I try to tell him he is paying his customers to mount their deer heads.
    But he swears how good of business he has going & he is making good money !! HUH ????
    I guess I just need to vent ! He had me wanting to bang my head on the keyboard trying to explain to him that I was not trying to belittle him, I was trying to help him not lose money !
    He claims anybody charging over $ 200 per deer head is ripping off hunters and running a scam. Can you believe that ??!!
    I even told him nobody gets their supplies for deer heads any cheaper than I do since I am only 10 miles away from 2 supplies and drive to them . And I know he is not making $$ at $ 200 per head. But nothing doing, he wouldnt hear it. He knows he is making money from his 200 customers charging $200 a deer head !!
    After he informed me I was scamming my clients, I had to walk away from the computer !!
    Sorry, just had to vent a little !!

2. Stupid is as stupid does. I'll keep scamming it seems. ;)

3. Heath Cline

The bad thing is he has people agreeing with him and people calling me a d.ick for trying to explain he is losing money !!

Tim r likes this.
  4. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

He's burning up and doesn't even realize he's on fire yet.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Friend me Heath, I want a piece of this :)

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Maybe his daddy buys all his materials and he lives with his momma? ::) ;D

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Maybe he can't do math or arithmetic.. Of course those agreeing with him,, are not even taxidermist.

8. Heath Cline

Michael I just did friend you and I sent you a PM also

9. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I wonder if he's taking on any wholesale work. I'd make a killing :D

10. Heath Cline

HAHA I asked him that too !!

11. tem

tem Active Member

what George always says. cant fix stupid.

12. michael p.

Just read it......just a bunch of jealous pissed off men.

13. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

What a dumbars I do this part time and I still don't make any money ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

14. michael p.

I love the comments "and the guy pays $4000 for a deer!"................i'm reading that thinking "sh!t! Thats cheap in Texas!"

15. I charge $200 per head, but in my quest to be a SCAM ARTIST!

I also charge $250 for the neck and the shoulder!!!

16. LMAO!! =)

17. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

Wow talk about clueless...yikes.
    Amazing how the 'hunters' bitch and moan about high fence etc etc and 200 is a good rate. This is what we are talking about an uneducated public. 200 how in the hell can he have a shop and bills, and make anything. The material list alone is near or over that depending on how you do it? One wonders if he is really meaning it or BS. Mike your a brave guy give him a call feel him out on materials and the like or even if he is a taxidermist might just be a guy looking for attention on facebook.

18. gottahunt

gottahunt New Member

let him keep doing them cheep, Keeps em from coming to us. The cheepies anyway.

19. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I'm at $650 and I don't think that is enough.
    My profit margin is still only 15%

20. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

John, now thats funny. Have a new sign going in the shop, new pricing on deer mounts that reflect your break down.
    LMAO