1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Critique: second mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Aqhforever, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Second mount but my fist all by my self. Not happy with the ears! This cape just wouldn't let me put them where I wanted, I tried everything I could think of. I will try and get better photos but it's 2 am so I'm baggin' him and I'm going to bed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

2. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

Overall it looks pretty good for a first. Need some close-ups for critique on the eyes, nose, etc. Looks like the antlers could be tilted back a bit but I could be wrong. There is always room for improvement but on the other hand every one you do you just get better.

3. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

Also, watch the hair getting caught in your stitches.

4. I don't know if i qualified for critique. But lots of people say "If you have to fight the skin some thing must be wrong" some thing like that.As far as i can see the antlers set to far from the eyes. Cut the front skull plate about 1/4" - 1/2"more will tilt the antler back with out change the measurements of the tip of the antlers to tip of the nose.And tuck the skin between antlers burr and ears deep. you may not need to change the ears position after all, well may be 1/2" forword and up.But it looks clean and very nice for your 2nd.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

need a little bit closer photo's

6. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hope these pic are better.
    There is no hair in the seam this cape had curly hair on the brow, ears and partway down the neck. My seam only goes about half way down the curly part on the neck. I tried brushing it down but no luck. Once the clay set up a bit it was easier to move the ears around. I think they are better but still not 100% where I want them.

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Like other have stated there is always room for improvement, but with that said I would say it is outstanding for your 2nd mount! MUCH, MUCH BETTER THAN MY SECOND ......OR 10th probably lol !

8. Thanks! I'll be bringing a couple to the Mi convention to get some good judging :)