1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need Critique on young Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by shedder, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Ok something is making me say not quite...HELP!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Sure is a Pretty thing.

3. GSD

GSD New Member

Not a cat person, but as no one else has chimed in yet... I would for sure curl up the end of his tail slightly. To my eye he doesn't seem to have that "young lanky look" that a cat his age would have. Out of curiosity, did you modify a bobcat form for this guy? Beautiful specimen!

4. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

It looks like a bobcat to me and am guessing you used a bcat form. The feet are kind of hard to see on the back legs . A couple things, the chin looks narrow , the ears look too high , The eye shape is off a bit, Toe shape looks off as well, especially the left front foot were it looks like its on its knuckles. I agree that the tail could use some animation. Sure is a pretty kitty. Is the hair real short as it appears? A slight bit of tweeking will see a super nice piece.

5. the thing i see most is the eye shape. A quick tweek will make this piece look spectacular. I know this refrence photo has blue eyes but its still a young cat so it should have a playful "cute" look. It would also go nice with the curled tail as suggested.

[​IMG]

6. I agree with the eye lid repositioning.....one other thing that John Bellucci has talked with me about before is the junction of the tail with the body....the tail is an extension of the spine and as such should flow in line with the spine....no lumps. Nice grooming on your cat and a nice specimen to have.......Marco

7. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Does not look like a cougar. Sorry looks just like a cougar skin draped over a bobcat. The two are not interchangeable with out serious alterations. the head anatomy is totally differant and also a young cat like that is usually a little rolly polly. This one looks like it was starved to death. Sorry :(

8. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

i have to agree. i dont see mt lion at all. i see mt lion skin on a bobcat form.

10. The biggest thing I see is the eyes are the wrong color for that age kitten. They should be blue like the reference picture posted. I had some eyes specially made earlier this year when I mounted a kitten because no one makes them. The eye shape should be more rounded and the hunchback look just doesn't look like a kitten also.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

no question its the body itself looking more like a bobcat....eyes do need some work however the main issue is the body

12. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    That's what I was going to say, lol

The legs are so stretched out that it looks silly, very pretty specimen though :)

13. There was just a discussion about this on another thread.