1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wounded Warrior Hunt October 2011

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rhonda, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Just to let everyone know We will be doing Wounded Warrior hunt in South Carolina again. I will be going on there October 24 and 25, and will be in touch with everyone that wants to mount

2. red oak

red oak New Member

did you pick who was mounting the deer or are you waiting to see who shoots what.

3. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

We are just starting .We will know better what we have to work with after the hunt, Hopefully everyone will be successful in their hunt

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Can't wait!! My favorite donation of the year!

5. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

Yep ;D Me Too

6. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

And just to clarify....Last year we had some snags with people involved on their end. It WILL not happen again..I see this being a smooth and fun project this year..Both Rhonda and Myself have been in touch personally with SCI, and they are starting their fund raisers now to cover all of our shipping expenses..I will be in touch with Mark from H&H Furdressing to see if he will be interested in doing our tanning again, and McKenzie to see if they are willing to donate the supplies again this year...We are looking for volunteers to put a mount together for these young folks...Please keep in mind this year, SCI has again teamed up with Make a Wish Foundation, so their will be very sick children involved in this hunt again this year...along with the disabled Veterans...Thank You for everyone who helps with this project...

7. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Hey Scott
    This is a great thing you and Rhonda are doing for theses folks.
    You can count me in for mounting as many as you care to send me.
    If I am lucky enough to get chosen this year.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

One of my favorite too Mike. Rhonda and Scott, you know I would be happy to help out again if you want me to. This is a wonderful cause!

9. scpol

Thanks guys

10. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Yeah what the freak said !!!

11. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I didn't even say anything ::) ;D

12. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Bob I meant the other freak ;D

13. Thanks for your efforts to my favorite charity. If anyone wants panels they are on me.
    Jim Ellis

14. scpol

Thank You very much Jim..We'll certainly keep that in mind...

15. Looking forward to this Rhonda and Scott. Very happy to help a great cause!!

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

This is such a good project, I just hope all the fragile egos check themselves now and realize that this is not about "who YOU are comfortable with using a tan" or things like that, it's about the Soldiers and the kids. So y'all please drop the stupid requests amd let them do all the capes the same, one way, one shipping so it can be uniform and easy. One stupid "special person request" and the next thing 2o people want to be special.

One again, y'all are doing a freak job!

17. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

You know Mike I am a Vet, and I did one last year,and this is close to my heart, I don't know what is going on,but you guys can count me in......Just let me know...........DOUG.

18. scpol

Thank you Doug..There is no BS this year..Rhonda and Myself have made sure of this..This is going to be a smooth running project for a great cause..We are dealing directly with SCI this year, and everything looks great..It should actually be fun for us this year..This is a great cause for our disabled vets, and terminally ill chidren..We WILL not let anything cause us problems this year..Thanks again Doug..

19. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Doug I'm pretty sure Mike's comments are meant toward me.

20. Matt

Matt Active Member

This is a great cause with a bunch of great people willing to help out. Let's keep it that way.