1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Martha Stewart

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Oct 13, 2011.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I know her name is a lightning rod in many quarters, but her signature magazine for October has PETA and HSUS squirming. In that issue she is promoting TAXIDERMY (some of it's not that good either) as a decorating approach. It really is a nice article if your wife gives you the chance to read the magazine.

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

On line version: http://www.marthastewart.com/853388/my-home-yours-taxidermy

Feel free to post a positive comment to offset the negative ones.

3. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Interesting

4. JustinNH

JustinNH New Member

Can't believe some of the anti comments. oh wait, yes I can... but I still hate to read them.

5. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Gotta love MS , favorite meat is venison, she's Polish and likes taxidermy.

PB

6. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Here goes nothing Ken...One of Martha Stewart's staff writers in NYC had first called Cindy at NTA headquarters for historical and generic information about our profession, taxidermy. Like so many other media trends lately, her call was referred to our public relations committee. It takes but a few minutes of dialogue to learn the actual intentions of a writer whenever taxidermy is the subject line of an article, story or film. We cannot begin to tell you how many negative interpretational documentaries have been thwarted because of the NTA's refusal to assist those who would belittle us taxidermists.
    Between Cindy and the PR committee, we literally spent a few days full of hours interpreting our industry to Ms. Stewart's writing staff. We appreciated their respect of us, they loved our support in the project. Rogue taxidermy was a huge interest to them and I feel the article showed a most eloquent portrayal of that with equal respect to those who practice this peculiar phase of taxidermy and those who may for whatever reason abhor the entire demeanor of the term. In essence, what Martha actually did was shine a very positive light on taxidermy clearly displaying the fact the she really enjoys taxidermy in her home as a patron of the art, not necessarily as a collector so to speak. To vaguely quote a Bible passage, "If they are for us, they cannot be against us."
    Afterwards, we were informed that Martha truly enjoyed the topic so much, that she wanted it to be as original as it could possible be. I guess it would be like me doing a story on figure skating while falling flat on my butt without ever being near any ice. All in all, I think I can say without reservation that for what it is, they did our industry justice.

7. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Mr. Ambassador, as always I am deeply appreciative of all you do behind the scenes to help portray our profession in a positive light. You and Cindy are the most enthusiastic representatives that we have, and no one could ever question your love for this industry. Thank you.

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I tried to comment, but kept getting bounced back to my original point. Maybe it's better that the site would not let me.

I'm offended that at least one person stated "she crossed the line" by displaying the items IN HER OWN HOME.. What kind of lines have you crossed when you start telling your neighbors what they can hang on their walls ? Typical bottom feeder.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

John. you always do your best to represent our industry in a positive light. Thank you!

10. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Thank you John, and thank you Martha!

11. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

WOW.. i know its assumed but her Maine house is freakin sweet...

12. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

I read this recently too. I've always loved watching Martha Stewarts show :)
    This was really great

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Something interesting I noticed on her site. In the comments area, someone had posted a somewhat lengthy rebuttal to those who objected with the animals. Today It's gone. I don't know if the author removed it or the webmaster, but it's gone. Curious.