1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

oh ya check this odd fish out

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jason O, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    caught in wisconsin 20 minutes from my house .oconto river
    [​IMG]

2. I'd say that's a Humpy! ;D

3. Paul C

Paul C New Member

YEP....."humpys" or "pinks" are found in most of the Great Lakes. We used to catch a lot of them when I chartered for salmon in Lake Erie. Cool fish!

4. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    i never new they were around here ,and of course thats the only pic. of it ,have to do some searching for some reference pics .

5. Awesome man!!

A Rare Catch on the Lake michigan or Green Bay shores.
    More common in Superior or the eastern side of lake Michigan. Lucky dog!

6. When I used to fall fish for steelhead on the North Shore of Lake Superior (MN) we would see quite a few of them on their spawning run. They didn't bite worth a darn in the streams. Sometimes you could reach down and grab one by the tail though.

Bruce

7. The Hunch back of Notre Dame Offspring ? LOL

8. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    ""Lucky dog!""

Sorry Josh, you erred on this fish I.D.....as TMALONE said this is a pink or humpy, NOT a DOG
    (just kidding.........you're ALWAYS righton with your fish i.d. as far as I can tell!!!!)

9. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I love male pink salmon, but is that a big brown right next to it or a king?

10. matchbook454

matchbook454 Member

My dad used to fish Lake Mi. out of Chicago a lot years ago. He took my brother and I out once when we were 7 or 8 years old. My brother caught one that was 8 lbs. but my dad didn't know what it was. He took a pic and then cleaned it. Later we found out what it was and that it would have been the state record by 3 lbs! Oh, well! Makes for a good story. By the way, you never want to fish with my brother. Although he isn't really into fishing, he goes along once in a while and ALWAYS catches the biggest fish. I'm glad that he doesn't hunt or I'd have NO trophys on my wall!

11. Jason forget the humpy whats the pig of a thing next to it on the tail gate?

12. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    he said its a brown ,and he ate it

13. Just a brown. So I ate it.. I'd love to play tug of war with that thing any day. . Good for him.. A wall hanger by any standards down in New England .. Ty for sharing