1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

'AIR MOUNTS ONLY'

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Attached Files:

2. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

3. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;), Juat glad it not me, but hey give it time, one "innocent" comment and......................, I'll get promised birds again!!!!!!!!!!!!Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Terry, I really like the work, but would be too fragile for me with the Kids, hence everything is cased. Do the Mounts wobble a lot?.

Attached Files:

4. Paul C

Paul C New Member

I'll save RDA the trouble and post this now....

[​IMG]

5. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

BBBAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D dayum,,,,ya MUST have been reading my mind Paul!!!!!!!!! ;D

6. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

i got tears running down my face,,, dang near gaged on a frito chip LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

7. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I'm willing to accept this challenge, Terry, with only one added condition: That indefinite "someone" needs to step forward and give me a 50% deposit on the job just like all of my other clients. For that, I will even be generous and supply the pheasants, but they would have to be ringnecks - not kalij. (One time offer only because my on-hand pheasant supply is very limited!) Shipping costs, if any, must also be paid in full by the client, and if the mounts are to be shipped then I require a 75% deposit. 3 months is less than my current backlog time, so the client would also be getting expedited service at no extra charge.

I am quite serious, by the way.

8. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Here is one I did a while back. Excuse the crappy cell phone photo as this went out the door before I could get finished photos. Bottom bird suspended from its tail with the top bird connected foot to foot. Had to mount both birds at the same time and it took some thinking ahead to get it done. Customer was happy.

Attached Files:

9. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Is that a flux capacitor in the background?

10. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Yes, but dont tell anyone. ;)

11. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Someone pay this man his 50 bucks!

12. I've learned a lot through this forum throughout the years but thanks to Terry I finally realize the concept I've been missing and the reason why I struggled with my birds...

...I always thought the goal was to mount a bird so that it actually looks like a bird. What was I thinking! Now I realize what it's all about---attachments. I can't believe I was so concerned with anatomy this whole time!

I have a wood duck to mount that I needed to order a body for but I'm pretty sure I have a teal body collecting dust so I'll just use that. It won't matter what the bird looks like because I'm going to have the sickest attachment ever---none. I'm going to use magnets to suspend the duck. I.E. Zero attachments. Then once my turd looking duck is done I'll be sure to come on here and insult some of the best bird taxidermists in the world (who are gracious and kind enough to share their knowledge with peons like me) by posting a thread titled,

"Magnet Birds."

In this thread I will try to bait them into a discussion where I insinuate they aren't 'real' taxidermists because they haven't attempted a mount as ridiculous as mine.

Thanks again for the wisdom Terry.

13. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

The mounts don't wobble if the base is solid and heavy enough.
    I never insulted anyone.
    Anatomy is just as important to me as it is to any of you. You don't see much anatomy when the wings are closed, do you? Since most of my mounts go on a table, all aspects of the piece are visible. A wall isn't hiding a part of it.
    Except for the birds of prey, ducks and geese, almost all of my mounts were done on spec, hoping someone would buy them. Everyone sold.
    Thanks for posting your mount Txoutdoors. You know the challenges that this type of mount is faced with. Kind of like fly fishing verses using worms.
    For those interested in seeing more of this type of mount, here you go.

Attached Files:

14. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

15. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

16. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

That Swainson's hawk was done in 78. The goose in the early 80's. Horrible anatomy, I know.
    Like TXOUTDOORS mentioned, when a double piece is mounted, it has to be done in one sitting. The quadruple duck mount below was a nightmare. Just figuring where to make the incision
    requires MUCH more thought than a standing bird.

Attached Files:

17. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

fascinating,,or fasten-ating,,,,, tell us more!

but what about the bet??

18. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

one happy family of ducks ;D

19. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Ummm......well.......hmmmmmm........AAAHHH nevermind! Great birds Terry!

20. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Im gonna~~~~uhhhh,,, naw,,, forget it,,,,,,wellllllll,,,,,naw, aint goin there-- nope..... :-\ or should i???hhhmmmmmm pointing out the obvious blahh blahh,,,,hmmmmmmlemme think...???

[​IMG]

sums it up... :D