1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

'AIR MOUNTS ONLY'

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Paul C

Paul C New Member

DAMN Ron! I had that one on my screen ready to post but ya beat me to it. We gotta stop thinkin alike----its gettin' scary!

2. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

;D ;D ;D we have entered "the TwilightZone"!!! :D

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Where's that weird music coming from?

*looks around suspiciously*

(And I am totally stealing that permanent facepalm image!)

4. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Nancy, the bet is to replicate the two suspended ringneck pheasants pictured below. Mine were shot and had broken wing and leg bones but hopefully you can get some from a bird farm. Part of the 'intrigue' in doing a spec mount is you don't know when it will sell. Demanding that money is to be paid before you do your attempt is laughable. Since you're so good with the anatomy, you shouldn't have any problem getting a client to buy your mount when it is finished, because of how much better your mount will be and you have my example to go by.

Attached Files:

5. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

6. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Eagle mount suspended on real water.

Attached Files:

7. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

HOLY CRAP>>HOW DID I MISS THIS????..I got 100.00 on Nancy, and if she needs the birds, I'll send her game farm birds free of charge..Just for this..

8. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

9. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

There you go Nancy. Free birds. Go for it.

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Sounds like someone is just a tad full of himself. I'm with Scott. $100 on Nancy.

11. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Not getting the money up front for a spec mount is ridiculous.

Intrigue? Do you even know what that word means? It doesn't seem so. Is YOUR curiosity really aroused at the mystery of when it will sell? Is it really fascinating to now know when it will sell?

And we all know, no matter how nice a job another taxidermist would do, Terry could never accept it, nor admit his is inferior. Many who see anatomy as key have said what they think about the subject. Terry, no matter how much you huff or puff, you will never convince me, (or others I suspect) that your examples are exemplary.

And I gotta laugh at all the excuses ...

:p

12. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

I'm in with the "Go Nancy" crowd...... ;D

I love a well done "air" mount but they are few and far between. The "sea gull" grabbing a minnow out of the water that someone else posted months ago comes to mind when thinking about an all around great mount. I applaud your thinking "outside the box" but just because YOU believe YOUR work is AWSOME doesn't make it any better or worse to the outside world. Like I said before, I love the "Air" idea if everything is pulled off correctly. This is like water scenes....great idea but if not done 100% correct a mount will leave much to be desired :)

13. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Terry, have you done anything recently, or are you like one of those old guys who can't do anything but reminisce about how great they were back in the good old days?

Tell ya what! You mount a pair of diamond doves, one with open wings, put them in a National competition, and then get a 1st place ribbon on the mount.
    I had to do it in the Master's Division, but you can put them in the Open Division if you wish. They are legal to sell, too, so you can recoup the cost of the birds by selling the mount. (The common wild-type diamond doves are still fairly cheap.) No need to attend, either. I am sure that someone would steward them for you if you shipped the mount to the show.

Do that, and I will mount a pair of "air" pheasants at my own expense.

14. Hahahahahaha!!!

Thanks Terry, you just made a lot of people's days with that one. I have always been amazed at how humble everyone is on this forum (including people who are world champs, national champs, European maestros, literally some of the best taxidermists in the world, etc.). There are exceptions to every rule and you are it in this case.

I'm sure Nancy typically uses pictures of crappy mounts for reference. In fact I bet the next time she's judging at Nationals she'll print off pictures of your "stellar" mounts for when she is critiquing. Haha.

You have no idea how far you are in over your head. The sad thing is that if you'd swallow a little bit of your ego you might learn something. You might also find people being more receptive to what you have to say by doing so...because despite your attitude and approach of a total d-bag you really do have some innovative attachments.

But what the hell can I or anyone tell you? You are the greatest ever...in your own mind.

15. Wow , just wow. Not speaking for anyone else but I think I could have made 50 birds out of pure steel feather for feather before I began to understand bird anatomy and actually be able to do somethin about it. Terry why are you not mounting birds anymore anyways? Bye the way correct anatomy is MORE apparent on a standing bird.

. Paul and Ron GO TO SLEEP! Youve only left me with 1 clean pair of underwear for work tomorrow.[​IMG]
    Havnt had photos of this mount for some years but I dug this one up.

16. Also, dude if you were tying to make a bet with Nancy why wouldnt you pick something difficult. No offence but She doesnt have to waist her time doing the mount. She would outdo your mount 100 fold. Its just the truth bud.

M.

17. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

I just want to know, what is with that Extremely giant rainbow trout? I don't get it. Is it trick photography, or did you really do a replica that big!?!? Or, maybe, just maybe, is it a skin mount??

18. There's a thread on the fish forum titled,

"NUCLEAR RADIATED FISH MOUNTS ONLY"

That will explain it. I think he bet Mike Orthober $100 that he couldn't do one just as awesome...but don't quote me on that...

19. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

that should be easy! just inject with formalin, throw them on the ground, run over with a toy-car and VOILA!

20. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Wow! The vultures have assembled. (Standing, wings and mouth closed :) ). Nancy can't do a mount like that and now she wants me to do her mount! You other guys talk big but you couldn't do it either. Instead of putting me down, why don't you try something difficult?
    The big fish is one of my sculptures.

Attached Files: