1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

'AIR MOUNTS ONLY'

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Awww, come on. You guys are a lot meaner than I am. I started out ... 5 pages ago, or whatever .... by saying that the concept behind some of the mounts was praiseworthy.
    Credit where credit is due, and all that - it's just that they have a lot of issues with basic anatomy and especially with the accurate portrayal of flight mechanics.

I have said it once, and I will still be saying it in the future (because we old folks always repeat ourselves ...)

-- If you don't understand how a bird flies then you won't be able to portray it correctly. Study the aerodynamics of avian flight until it makes sense to you and then go for it.

"Butterfly" mounts (I also call them airplane mounts) can be very attractive to your clients, and many, even most, will be perfectly happy with them - but they are still wrong in the vast majority of cases.

edit:
    Terry, you have blown any credibility that you might have once had.
    Here's the sad truth: Your bird mounts are mediochre at best, and finding a novel way of attaching them to the base simply can't change that fact. You need to go back and study your reference material.
    You aren't going to manipulate me by trying one of the oldest tricks on the playground, because I don't need to prove anything to you.

2. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Or you could try the second oldest trick on the playground........

[​IMG]

3. Looks like I need to start hunting creek bottoms for great basins now. :-\

4. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Nancy, O.K., so now you're backing out of the wager. You might be a great bird taxidermist but you aren't able to do the difficult stuff. I never said my mounts were great, just difficult and different.
    A photo of one of my bird mounts raised over $35,000 (at $500 a pop) so it seems the wealthy people that bought it liked my work.
    Too bad your not a Bill, Joe or Mike because maybe the guys posting their venum wouldn't be so sarcastic.
    Please put in some of your best pieces in a new topic called "Award winning mounts". Maybe I'll learn something.
    Aloha,
    Terry

Attached Files:

5. Nancy C

There never was a serious wager on your end, Terrry. You just wanted me to waste over a thousand dollars' worth of my time and supplies when all you would put up was $50.
    What a joke.
    The real world doesn't work that way.

You seem to be confusing "can't" do something with "won't" do something. Read that again and again until it sinks in, because there is a HUGE difference.
    Like I said, I don't need to prove anything to you. Your opinion doesn't matter to me because, unlike many of the other posters in this thread, you have failed to earn my respect

6. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

How much do you want to put up?

7. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Nancy,
    Over a dozen of these simple, fighting pheasant mounts, sold for $1500, ten to 25 years ago. So you should have no trouble getting your "thousand dollars worth of time' back, IF you can pull the mount off.

Attached Files:

8. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Attached Files:

9. alexm

alexm New Member

:mad:Stop the madness :D

10. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Again?!?! Ok......

[​IMG]

11. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

This just gets funnier all the time....

12. flamingo suspended on real water

Attached Files:

13. If you wanna see a great "air mount" then go to kentreedy.com and check out Kent's cinnamon teal trio.
    It's pretty awesome. Just my two cents. Oh yeah, they were done a long time ago too.

14. Nancy C

Oh yes! Kent is the real deal. Those 3 teal are awesome.

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Nancy, if you kick him hard enough he might just "catch air" ;D

16. Wow Redwolf, you aren't kidding! Those teal are SWEET! So was everything else on his website. His wood duck was very cool!

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

DENIAL isnt a river in Africa.. just thought i would point this out... dunno why eggzakly.. :-\ :D

18. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

It's a mountain in Alaska. But then I suffer from ducksluxia.

19. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Telling people that you don't even know that they "Can't" do something shows lack of knowledge of your peers........spouting off to some of the world's best when you you don't even own a single blue ribbon in the professional division much less Masters....WOW :-\

20. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

My oh my, that is certainly a gross misrepresentation of the fact.

Don't even get us started on that scam of yours again. People "DONATED" that amount of money because they thought they were contributing to a museum for Endangered Species near Denver. You then used the money, in YOUR words, "That helped me keep the dream going for 7 years." The museum never happened.

People frequently DONATE $10 for a candy bar for a good cause. That doesn't make the 50 cent candy bar worth $10 - it is just the idea of getting a little something in return, for a generous donation to what the donor believes is a worthy cause.