1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

'AIR MOUNTS ONLY'

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Terrys Artistic Taxidermy, Oct 16, 2011.

1. wildwings

wildwings New Member

All this over hiding a damn wire on a mount LOL Im sorry I don't post much any more but I had to post on this ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look my pheasant is flying in mid air also :) I know I know mine dont count since there not attached to each other.

2. Wow.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I am so confused. Is this for real? Didn't this dude already post most of these mounts in another thread? Has txoutdoors received his $50 yet, because it seems to me he met the challenge. You post your pics and you think Nancy isn't capable of pulling THAT off? LOL, wow.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Terry, can you say " legend in your own mind"? dude, you have balls, big balls.i dont mean to be rude but half the birds you posted suck!!!i dont give a rats azz how you attached them the actual mount is schit?

Nancy, dont even waste your time replying to this legend! we all know who is the better taxidermist here.

ps. i still would love to see a mount off between you two. terry, you wouldnt stand a chance.i dont think anyone on here knows waterfowl/bird anatomy better then nancy.

5. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

velly true!

6. alexm

alexm New Member

I'm sure with all the money he made off those mounts its been sent lol

7. DEFINITION OF AIR MOUNTS IS: Mounting animals in unrealistic, farfetched poses as an attempt to hide the lack of time spent and knowledge of the particular species true and natural state of being.

Ooooooor.....
    Ones insatiable desire to see how much weight can be held on a small peice of steel at the expence of the subjects obvious conclusion. ;D

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

Huh? Im planning a 17 bird AIR STARLING piece for my next show,,, only gonna have the MIDDLE one judged.. ;D ;)

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Ron

That is nothing compare to what i will make, a flock a sea gulls that will block the sun from shining huh lol

10. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!! Love bothe those ideas!

11. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

:D :D

12. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Need reference Snowhare? ;D Ollie

Attached Files:

13. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

This post was about air mounts, not how good they were, just to see what's out there. Nancy, and others, mocked my work, some done 33 years ago, with talk of anatomical correctness. I wagered they couldn't do a better mount of that specific pair of pheasants where the upper one's foot touches the 'wrist' area of the lower one and both are suspended by a wire that elevates the lower bird's tail tip at least 10 inches off the ground. She said $50 wasn't enough to take the time to prove me wrong.
    NOT ONE of the jackasses that have attempted to cut me down has posted one photo (except for that horrible example of the impaled pheasant) that shows what their mounts look like. Like sewage flowing from a broken pipe they can attack, but can't back up how good their work is. Nancy was the only responder to have the balls to post ANY photo, much less an air mount.
    To all the nitwits that think they're so good, here's my challenge: You mount up a pair of pheasants like the designated ones and I'll mount up a single, standing pheasant (the easy type you do).
    I'll bet the first 3 who accept this challenge $100 each that my mount will score higher in the 'OPEN' Division of their next state show. We'll send the money to an impartial observer to hold until the mounts are judged.
    Since NONE of you have done an 'air' mount and I've done 50 or 60, I'd say that I have more knowledge and expertise in this area than all of you combined. So PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
    Is there a rule that a photo can't be shown more than once?

Attached Files:

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG]

::)

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It doesn't take experience to see those mounts suck. And it doesn't take a psychiatrist to see when someone is hooked on themself.

Signed jackass nitwit ;D

16. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

Attached Files:

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

on second thought i'm going to give you a serious response here Mr artistic...I'm a former judge,, have competed from Cali to NY,,my work has been featured in trade magazines and instruction manuals etc etc blahh blahh... Now,, as you have labeled us all here as jackasses,,, i MUST point out the Mt Everest of Irony in that statement. There are on this thread, national,,, north american ,,and world award winning dermists and judges. The reason why no one really takes this seriously is that it would be like taking candy away from a blind baby, a dubious reward at best...While your ideas are certainly nothing original, your attempts were to be commended for the effort. However,,,,,your skills as a taxidermist, at least in birds and the mammals Ive seen of yours is not even par to the average commercial taxidermy most everyone on here puts out. And that is putting it mildly..As a judge, i haven't seen one first place ,pro division mount of yours yet , not even close. You HAVE no clue as to anatomy,, skin alignment, LEG POSITION,,grooming,, so on and so forth. I could go on and on,, but,,,dude,,,, really,,,, give this little trip of yours up it was funny awhile ago,, now,, not so much..

signed,,,one of the jackasses.. ;)

18. alexm

alexm New Member

Ouch ;D ;D ;D

19. ::) ::) ::) ::)
    [​IMG]

20. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i guess nobody needs an extra $100.00 :)