1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Commercial tannery in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by paulbroeder, Oct 18, 2011.

1. paulbroeder

paulbroeder New Member

OK folks. I am up and fully operational to accept skins for wet tanning. After six months of putting the shop together and building equipment, the first commercial tannery is finally opened in Louisiana. My prices are very competitive. I will flesh and turn for you or take in those salt dried skins that you have already done. I have a very reasonable turn around time and will pay shipping back to you. This tan is a complete tan. It is not a surface(brush on) tan. I use TX-77 and Level-x in a pressurized wet wheel and you will not find a tan as smooth and stretchable as this unless your tannery is using the same. If you are tired of hair slipping and skins not shaved enough and you want a beautiful skin, give me a try and you will not be disappointed.

Call : The Trophy Room, LLC
    337-825-9423
    337-372-0392

2. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

Way to go Paul. now i can start looking for my bear to be the best yet. congratulations and best of luck to you in this venture.

kirby

3. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

A brush-on tan, IS NOT a surface tan, and skins "slip" because of human error, 99% of the time, unless the animal is diseased. (prep,mold,mildew,storage,fat,moisture)

The tannage used to MFG paint-on tans, is nothing more than a LIQUID form of a Synthetic tan. A submercible is usually a powder, and mineral based. There are some powdered synthetics also. You just skip the waste water of a submercible with a paint-on.

I used to think the same thing, untill I learned better.

Good luck with your new Tannery! Knock em dead!

4. paulbroeder

paulbroeder New Member

I was taught to stay away from brush on tans, because not all of them are a complete tan and just a surface tan. The tx-77 and level-x combo is a guaranteed 100% complete tan, therefore my customers know exactly what they are getting. Tanning is, in my opinion, 5% science and 95% art. Hair slippage is and always will be predominantly human error, whether in the field or screwing up the pickle. I know there are many different ways to tan and they all seem to work to some degree. I just hope the folks down here in good ole Louisiana will give this a try. They only reason I went to the school in Oregon was because I was frustrated with the tans I was getting from my tannery in Texas. When I saw the finished product of TX-77, I was very impressed. The quality of my mounts improved a great deal. Thanks for the input. I will be trying to make as many shows next year and will have plenty of wet and dry tan samples on hand.

5. paul e

paul e New Member

where are you located?
    what city?

6. paulbroeder

paulbroeder New Member

Merryville. That is in Beauregard Parish. i do pick up and delivery, but I encourage everyone to visit my shop before sending me work.

Thank You

7. Turkey Neck Taxidermy

Turkey Neck Taxidermy No Deer Is To Small To Mount!!!

I just got back from Colorado with a big elk. I am located in vacherie La and was wondering your prices foe tanning and turning!!! And also How do I ship to u?? And do you do soft tans for deer skin blankets?? Thanks TurkeyNeck Taxidermy

8. juliecolorado

juliecolorado savagetaxidermy.com

Hi Paul, thanks for the pricelist I requested. I'm a parish over from you and will be visiting soon. Look forward to meeting you and your crew.

Julie Savage
    www.savagetaxidermy.com

9. John_E

John_E New Member

would also like a price list

10. TyW

TyW Member

Paul is a great guy!
    Your buddy
    Ty Weaver

11. TDP84

TDP84 New Member

I would also like a pricelist. Do you work on any African Game?

12. wayne70

wayne70 Member

I would be interested in price sheet and shipping address.