1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Interesting first deer mount request from a buddy

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bull_buster, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

I would mount it pretty much any way the customer wants....I'm a big fan of greenbacks and the last time I checked thats whatwere in this for, The GREENBACKS.....LOL...DC

2. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I cater to a higher class of sportsman..

3. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I'm curious as to the entry/exit path..Where did it hit and exit?

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

We all think that ;) LMAO!

5. You do as the customer wants! Plain and simple! I see no argument.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hmmm, I think I'm not going to touch this one again.

7. Wise move George. ROTF

8. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

So if the customer wanted a buck with a wolf jaw set, red flaming eyes, 6 arrows stuck in it, 30 more points added to it, and a pencil sharpener in the ear, and a door bell on the nose,,, you would do it for the money? Or for the joy of letting your " creative artistic" side flow?

9. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I gotta admit, the pencil sharpener sounds like it would be real handy.

10. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Please point out where I "bashed" you or your work. My post was directed at that "style" of mount where human inflicted animal suffering is being displayed and how distasteful I, and my clients, find it. You, your studio, or the quality of work you produce has nothing to do with it and I made NO comment ANYWHERE about that.
    You posted a picture of a mount as an example and that started the s*tstorm we have now. If you don't have thick enough skin to accept criticism for your work on the internet you really should never produce controversial pieces that are designed to elicit criticism.

11. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Interesting first deer mount request from a buddy

whose shop is it exactly? You do as you want.....period.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. michael p.

Paul C is still wrong! ;)

13. George

Michael, post a picture of a deer you mounted with an arrow in it. We all know you're a self-proclaimed taxidermy whore anyway. LOL

Paul is still right.

14. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Thanks George!

........George called Michael a "whore".......

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Paul and George are both right.
    MichaelP is wrong as usual.
    There is nothing tasteful about a wounded deer mount.
    A lion/impala mount would be distasteful if the lion was the one doing the mount.
    An arrow through the head...is that a joke?
    A deer can and will turn around and remove an arrow. Been there seen that.
    I think that catches me up on this thread, and now you know where I stand. I'm not sure my clients are higher class sportsman, but the taxidermy shop they use certainly is. LOL

16. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

I don't know if it's been suggested already, but perhaps you could see if your friend would settle for having a visible scar at the entry/exit wound? It would still symbolize the head shot but it would look a lot more realistic and tasteful.

Or if you want something more artsy she could be holding the arrow shaft in her mouth

17. Mike, notice how this has turned into a red state vs blue state argument, I guess us southern boys aint got no class? lol

18. michael p.

No kidding, them Yankees are tasteless! :)

19. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Good point those who said a deer wouldn't walk around bright eyed with an arrow through its head. But they could get one in the shoulder and grab onto it. The idea of a skull with the arrow sounds better to me, but of course, JMO.

20. George

Nice try Gringos but I'm from the South and I know "tasteless" when I see it. "Tasteless"when is when a majority of people are offended by something. Conversely, "classless" is when you love things everyone else thinks you're joking about. Now Michael, leave you voice in shorts out of this. ROTFLMAO