1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bill yox anatomy class

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by josh s., Oct 23, 2011.

1. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

As many of you already know, Bill Yox offers workshops in his studio aside from the yoxathons. Being that I am so close I finally got my butt up there to see him. First off, a HUGE thanks to Bill for the opportunity. As soon as I got there it didnt take me long to figure out that we had some things in common other than taxidermy. The things I learned some of you know. His methods are taught on a level that is so easy to understand and I can't stress enough how important this day was for me and how much they will benefit any one you. I took a ton of pictures and the hands on anatomy lessons were great. To top it all off Bill went to an extra length and he knows what that I am talking about.....thank you Bill! So I will share a couple pics of the famous Blackjack.....good god he is huge! And then of course there was the cute little fawn that loved attention!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dozier

dozier New Member

Bill I really like to have those shed's off Blackjack . Really !!!

3. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

I took a picture of all his sheds (years 1-5) if anyone wants to see them.

4. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

[​IMG]

5. dozier

dozier New Member

Bill I think you can live without one of those shed's .

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the nice words Josh, and it was fun doing the class with you. You seemed to have a pretty good foundation with your previous mounts and with the Coates boys. Like I told you, those live deer sure can teach cant they!

Dozier, whats a 200" plus set of sheds cost these days?

7. dozier

dozier New Member

Alot . I'm no authority on price . But i know you can get a good chunck for those gorgeous shed's . I'll start saveing and let you know next year if im close . Heck who am i foolin . I cant affordem . But i would like to have him mounted in the shop . i dont think anyone would want their deer mounted after looking at him . Heck nevermind that would be bad for my buisness . Just .... Just nevermind .

8. Bill LaCoe

Bill LaCoe New Member

Bill, what difference in BJ since I seen him inlate June, man he turned into a Pig. Talk to you soon.

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Bill, he sure finished out the hangers huh? Lol. Hes weak on the one side where he again skipped his g-3 and his other g-3 is shorter than last year. Hes just a buck with a good disposition and heavy long and interesting looking antlers for sure.

Dozier, I usually have some average antlers mounted in my showroom, plus a couple of hogs, we call those the "what if?" bucks. Guys like to see them all. Good luck.

10. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I bet reproductions of those antlers would be a hit. Hint Bill Hint.

11. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Re: bill yox anatomy class

i would buy them!! C mon Bill (yox), it would be a good way to make some extra cash!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine