1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Some better photos of my 2011 WTC mounts

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Daniel M., Oct 24, 2011.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Two Thumbs UP!!! ;)

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Looking good Daniel, but then again I`m not surprised! Your love of nature shows in your work.

3. oustanding artist in the making

4. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Your work is incredible, but I just adore the expression on that bobcat!

5. WV Outdoorsman

WV Outdoorsman New Member

WOW!!! Those mounts are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

WVO

6. MontanaMark

MontanaMark New Member

Truly awesome work Daniel. They look like they are going to move any minute.

7. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Dude you got mad skills!!! GREAT work!

Very impressed.

8. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Thank you all again so much for the nice comments. I got a new phone that lets me take pictures right off Facebook and put them on here, and for whatever reason, untill now I was unable to add the serval and bat group to this post.
    [​IMG]

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. HE already is.......

10. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Daniel you are a true artist and I will always look forward to seeing how you continue to grow as a taxidermist.

11. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

What more can one say. Your work is fantastic.......

12. Those mounts are phenomenal, no doubt. But aren't snow leopards (That is a snow leopard, right?) endangered? I don't mean any disrespect. I truly don't, but I do hope that it was a zoo/pre-ban snow leopard. Or it's a reproduction.

That bobcat is adorable. It reminds me so much of my cat. It's definitely my favorite :D

13. Mind blowing quality and creativity!!!!

14. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Clara, he has permits for his work. so please don't try assuming things.

15. That doesn't answer my question. I'm glad it's legal, but I'm curious as to where he got the hide. I'm not trying to make assumptions. I just want to know where he got the hide, that's all.

16. Daniel M.

Ohio
    Hey Clara D., that's okay, no harm in asking ;)

The snow leopard was done for a museum, and they were kind enough to write up an extra document so that I could travel across the country with it and enter it at the show. Originally the one part died at a zoo, and the other part was a confiscated poached skin (it's made from 2 snow leopards) ;D Neither one was a perfect skin, so I did my best to make a perfect skin.

Thanks for the nice comment on the bobcat, a lot of people really liked it, including my own Dad! He has never really liked any other mount that I have ever done. That meant more to me than the ribbon :)

17. Thank you, Daniel! I feel much better knowing that. I would have never known that it was two leopards. It's a Franken-leopard! And I'm glad that poached skins are being put to use. Not just wasted. You truly did it justice :)

Who wouldn't like your bobcat? Even my vegan coworkers would probably like it. It's good to hear that your dad liked it. He should be mighty proud. :D

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing that lioness you posted earlier. Looks like a fun project!

18. RBlack

RBlack Member

Simply outstanding Daniel, Congrats!!!

19. Love the civet,black leopard, and bobcat. The Snow Leopard is nice too. In the black leopard, is the cub a reproduction or did the cub die of something too?

20. Daniel M.

Ohio
    The leoard cub was still born.