1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best Earliners with Butts - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by masterdunbar, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Gents,

I looked around and cant find anything solid on the latest and greatest earliners with butts. I am used to bondo method but dont like the consistency of it and HATE ramming clay with my finger tips down into the ear to make a nice transition and ear butt. I want to try earliners that have the butt section to go with it. put it in and be done kind of thing.

Any suggestions?

2. Epply

3. hunt hard

hunt hard New Member

Ohio
    Ohio Taxidermy Supply

4. Beyond a shadow of a doubt without any question epplys. And as far as the bondo and transitiong with clay goes. when the bondo starts to kick and is set up enough peel back the skin a bit and transition that way instead of jamming it down with your fingers, its much easier and looks better too.

5. Head Hunter

Head Hunter Member

As above-Matrix 360 earliners and butts. I add clay to the butts as needed. And then card the edges while drying-then brush when dry-LOVE EM!!!!

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I'm with headhunter on this one.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I am an Epply fan, but am not sold on the forward butts, I love the back's, but still clay the forward ears with the Epply liner.

8. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Huh , I do the same.

9. possom hawk

possom hawk Luv the smell of black powder in the morning

Epply all the way

10. Epply for me as well.

11. WOW, Epply has got the market on lockdown. Now, the big question...................which supplier do you buy them from and which model within that supplier?? I noticed that Mckenzie and WASCO sell them but there are 5 different styles! which one and who do I buy it from?

thanks guys. Cant wait to order some up

12. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Are we talking whitetail deer here? Who makes a mule deer liner and ear butt system?

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Nobody does a mule deer system. You are lucky to find a mulie liner with a butt.

14. FIELD2FOREVER

FIELD2FOREVER The more I learn, The more I don't Know!!

Bondo Inc. and Clay company are the only Mulie Ear liner/butt manufactures that I'm aware of

15. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Best Earliners with Butts - Your Opinion

I just found 3 different liners for muleys.....are you sure bondo is the only way???

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Buy them directly from Ohio Taxidermy Supply. Cut out the middle man and go straight to the source

17. Defiantly an epply fan. Nice crisp edges and i agree with the forward butts, they don't transition well. But i really enjoy using them, almost seems to easy.

18. josh, where did you find these?

19. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Best Earliners with Butts - Your Opinion

in the mckenzie book under earliners

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine