1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Tanning Product from Head Quarters Supply TT-581

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by D.Price, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Offered in our new 2011-2012 catalog will be a new type "all in one" tan. This new tan will be simply added to salt water with the fresh cape then added to this solution. Once shaved, the cape is then neutralized, and then it's ready to mount.

We have actually put in a fresh, unsalted cape in this new solution, and three days later that cape was finished and mounted.

This new home tan is available now, but will not be sold to the industry until our new catalog is out (sometime in late November or early December)

2. paul e

paul e New Member

Re: New Tanning Product from Head Quarters Supply TT 2000

hmmm

Uncle George is gonna have good time with this i suspect

3. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.

I was visiting HQ Supply and D Price back in August and got to be the first person to mount a deer using this new tan. :) It mounted up real nice.

4. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

LOL...that add looks real. Down the road-

5. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: New Tanning Product from Head Quarters Supply TT 2000

Wow...never seen anything like it...lol...just playin around guys!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. ...And here is the deer Scott is referring to.

[​IMG]

7. verne

verne Well-Known Member

KT`s brother ?

8. HQ

HQ New Member

When the labels arrive from the printer, (sometime next week) we will be able to send out a limited number of samples to HQ Customers in their supply orders

9. With so much interest we decided to post a tutorial.

http://taxidermytalk.com/flesh1ng/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/TT581-tutorial.pdf

10. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

LOL

I hear that the similarity of the names TT2000 and KT2000 is just an absolute coincidence. Anyone else believe that? haha

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Rumor is they tried to do the same thing to some bear forms......but that kinda got sledge hammered :)

12. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Could it be?

13. Re: New Tanning Product from Head Quarters Supply TT 2000

Can I use this to tan a fox hide for a plushy?

14. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.

Cole, I do not know you nor do I know what your beef is with HQ supply, let me first say this I buy from Mckenzie and all of it's subsidarys, HQ supply, Research, Joe Combs, Reveloution, Matuska. I use HQ Tan, Trubond tan and Mckenzie tan.
    I'm a nobody in this industry just a guy who gets to do what he loves for a living. I was involved with the naming of Taxi Tan 2000 over a dinner at Buffalo Hot wings in Raliegh NC last August with Jeremy Morgan, D price and myself. Taxi Tan 2000 was my Idea when Jeremy Morgan asked me if I could think of a name for the tan he was formulating. I came up with Taxi Tan 2000 based on this.... The 2 stands for 2 major steps , 1) rough flesh , 2) shave the hide. the three zeros stand for 1) zero salting 2) zero oiling, 3) zero mess. Which is what I wrote down on a knapkin for Jeremy Morgan. Am I flattered that he used my suggestion HECK YES!! I'll take the blame for the name. I have never used Krow tan,but I have mounted a deer with Taxi Tan and it mounted up quite well.
    I concider Rick, Marsha and Jeremy Morgan friends along with D Price who I do not always agree with on his views but none the less he is a friend and that WILL NOT CHANGE.
    Now Cole who are you in the scheme of things, does any one care about your views? I do not!! Will your views or opinions change the way I do business Nope! Why don't you try to put some positive print down for a change.
    I spent 5 days last August in North Carolina Visiting HQ supply, Carolina fur and even rented a car and drove down to Granite quarry to meet the folks at Mckenzie. every where I went I met great people. I have never sent a hide to Carolina fur yet Rick and Marsha treated me like I was a life long customer, Jeremy Morgan gave me much more of his time than he should have, D price well he had work to do so I left him alone. In the 4 days I was at HQ and Carolina fur not once did I ever hear any one bad mouth a competing tannery or supply company, Those are the kind of people that I like doing business with. They only talked about they're vision for the future and how they want to get better at what they do and help the taxidermist and make his job easier.
    I normally do not get involved with this stuff but do not blast HQ Supply and the Morgans they are great people trying to gain market share like every other company out there.

I've said what I have to say,

Scott gunn

15. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Just like McKenzie and its employees.....but when Mcenzie tries to gain market share they are blasted by Head Quarters employee Durwood Price.....when EXACTLY what Durwood has done turns around on him then he cries "what did I do?"

Scott, this is not about Marsha, Rick, Jeremy or Gene....this is about D.Price bashing another company (McKenzie) bashing a site (Taxidermy.net) and then coming to the same site and company which he tried to drive into the ground and advertise a product for free.

Durwood explained a few months ago "YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT!".....trust me, we get it just fine Durwood ::

Congrats Scott......you're a hell of a guy, but Durwood had bashed too many people on here to priss around anymore. Like I said, we get it :)

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Michael P hit the nail on the head.

By the way, do you know who else are great people? Brian and Laura Harness. I have met them and they are wonderful people with a very nice business. I have no idea what they will think of TT2000, but I would guess that they too won't believe that the naming was just a weird coincidence.

18. Re: New Tanning Product from Head Quarters Supply TT 2000

TT2000 is to KT2000 as TASCO is to WASCO. Coincidences...I don't think so :-[

19. shane d

shane d New Member

i agree with Michael p. and Cole. Brian and Laura harness are very good friends of me and my wife.They are honest, hard working people who have earned and worked for everything they have.I trust them and support them totally.I to think they will have a hard time believing this is a coincidence.(who would'nt).

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Not only was the name a coincidence, but the concentration of the chemicals was an amazing coincidence as well. It appears that the ratios are exactly the same as Krowtann. 5 gal. of water, 8lbs. of salt and 16 oz. of TT2000. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, they are the same ratio's as Krowtann.