1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

White animal that could possibly be a unicorn?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Clementine, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I have a friend who'd like to try to make a unicorn - or something that looks sorta like a unicorn...

So - anyone have a goat, lamb or small horse cape? These were the only suggestion I could think of, but she's open to others if you have something that you think might work!
    I offered to help (yikes!) but since we are both beginners, she needs something already tanned and only the cape. Can anyone think of something else to use if we can't find a goat? Is bleaching a doe out a little a possibility? :-\

Thanks guys!

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Try Shelby at PLTannery, she generally has some.

3. That she does Bonnie! I just got a brown goat from PLT but didn't see anything in white. I'll check with her but figured I'd try here too just in case someone had a good idea for a substitute.

4. dktaxidermy

dktaxidermy I'm on top of the dirt; how bad can it be?

Trixie, PLT should be able to tell you what hides will bleach out the best and what to use too. just a thought.

kirby

5. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

PA.
    I have white mini horses available for unicorns. Send a direct email if interested. Blue Sky, Steve

6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

You can ask Gravity Kills what she uses too. She does unicorns & pegasus's...pegasii? lol ;) Have fun with it. :)

7. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

Awesome, you guys should post pics when it's done! I've always wanted a taxidermy unicorn; the goat/deer gothic type, not the modern horse-with-a-horn thing.

Searching "unicorn taxidermy" in Google images has some pretty cool results if you want to browse em for ideas or just for fun :]

8. rt texas

rt texas Member

I have white mini horses available for unicorns. Send a direct email if interested. Blue Sky, Steve

I'M INTERESTED PICTURES AND PRICE PLEASE.
    THANK YOU ROBERTO.
    [email protected]

9. For sale

Attached Files:

10. Pics when done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. juicycouture

juicycouture New Member

So trixi posted this for me. She is going to help walk me through my first project! Super excited! Thanks for the comments!

12. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Thats neat, I had garb for my cremello (all white no pigment blue eyed quarterhorse) mare that included a chamfron with a horn. I carved the horn from deer antler that was dense and lots of white inside. Looks very realistic.