1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nice PA Buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by KevinH, Nov 11, 2011.

1. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I got this guy into to mount yesterday, he was killed about 500 yards from where I usually hunt in rifle season. The guy that killed him got a nice 130's buck last year not far from where he killed this one. I roughly scored him around 145. He weighed 204 lbs field dressed also, one of the biggest bodied PA deer Ive had my hands on, he measures 7 3/4x22x25. Gonna be putting him on the new 6900, but Ill have to do some altering cuz the sizes dont match up with any of the forms offered.
    [​IMG]

2. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Nice PA Buck

Nice!! The next time someone complains about PAs antler restrictions just show them this pic! Just goes to show it works....i wish Ny would get their crap together.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Thats a big 145,........very nice deer.

4. Nice buck.

5. Nice Buck!
    Josh, amen to that! I wish NY would get on the antler restriction bandwagon already, I'm heading up end of next week, and we rarely see a buck over 120". We do have fun though, which is what it's all about anyway. Where I am in Otsego County, there is some great property and habitat for growing Big Bucks, they just don't get old enough!

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Great Deer. Congratulations !

I whole heartedly agree, The antler Restrictions made huge improvements in the racks we have now.. It's a darn shame Gary Alt was run off. He had some controversial ideas, but the guy knew his stuff. I wish he had gotten the chance to run his complete program.