1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

$31.54 shipping cost for 20 whitetail mannikins from McKenzie

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Nov 11, 2011.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I placed an order of 20 deer forms from McKenzie this week. Some came from Texas, the others from North Carolina. I stipulated that the boxes be packed tight, minimum airspace.

My total for the order was $1045.20 so the 12% discount kicked in making the total $919.74. The shipping total was $156.96 MINUS the savings of $125.42, that made me come out of pocket with $31.54 for shipping those 20 deer heads.

I know times are tight, but 5 deposits of $200 each is $1,000..... there's no reason a majority of people on here cannot cut back on their shipping costs. Instead of continuously raising hell about it, do Something about it.

This is not a bad total for 20 forms shipped to my door, especially when I have an average of $10 shipping per head worked into my price

[​IMG]

Specify that you want that darn box PACKED! They will do it!
    [​IMG]

UPS and FedEx are not going to listen to our tiny (in the scheme of things) industry about prices. You have to figure out for yourself what is the best approach to save more money without cutting quality. It can be done.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

you're absolutely right, not a bad deal at all! I hate taxidermists who bitch about price increases about shipping and materials... if they didn't charge $300 a head, maybe you'd make some money assclown...

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

seems like a good deal to me also

4. 10PTBUCK

10PTBUCK Member

wi
    If you guys could only get speedee ;D 7 big boxes of whitetail forms under 50.00 dollars shipping with UPS the same order would be 250.00 to 300.00 dollars now speedee is real savings

5. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

SpeeDee is the way to go if it covers your area. I just build a base that can't be shipped, now re-vise and do in panel ( kit form ) hate it.

6. Just had a spee-dee drop off point open up here. In fact i was there first customer. Had two smaller boxes with 20 plus inch bear skulls. Had one big box with a 11 point euro deer and plq. The big box almost didn't fit in the car. She didn't even know what to put as her surcharge for taking them in. She said the three boxes just for shipping was $14.14 and then she added a surcharge of $6.00 so it still only came to total $20.00 One of the boxes was sent out of state. WOW !! All i could say was spee-dee, I love you guys!! I know this would have cost me at least $60 where I had been going, which was of course ups. YEAH I will now be actually making a little something on shipping , versus lucky if i broke even, to eating some of the shipping . Skullery

7. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Well Mr . smart#$#@@$ I bitched because I had one form and two fake driftwood habitats shipped to me and it cost me $52.81 not 20 forms and I charge a Minimum of $450 for a mount . I got a real good idea for your assclown as-s why dont you do some more reading and you may know where this post started before you run at the lip so damn much !! Just a suggestion .....well cuz your soooo smart and all !

8. michael p.

You're so vain :)

9. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Sing it Mikey....your so vain! Hey He caught me at a bad time lol. I did'nt expect the other post to go to where it did and I really wasnt try'n to single out McKenzie either. I was refering to "the shipping charge in general" I shouldnt have posted from what supplier I got it from and headed the topic " SHIPPING CHARGES IN GENERAL" GOOD JOB ON YOUR PART ! I am done with it and I am headed out the door for hunt'n camp for 5 days.......my customers are just gonna have to wait this year......or go down the road to the next guy untill I get back on opening night!!!! I have officially moved on ,on the shipping charge and could care less about it unless it gets worse! Y'ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND STAY SAFE INDA WOOOOODS, WATCH OUT FUR PUNKIN CHOOTERS EH! CHOOOOOOT'EM CHOOOOOOTEM !

10. ryan rhodes

You're mad at me cuz people are stupid for charging peanuts for their work??? relax dude...

11. Well I hate taxidermists that hate taxidermist who bitch about shipping. ;D ;D. Maybe it was the condescending nature of your post Rhodes. Just a guess on my part. I'm sure you don't bitch about anything ;)

12. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

I duiker full body and one 1/2 life size nyala, two sets of eyes and a spool of thread........ over $80 to ship, and I am in Dallas. To add to the pain, it was a split order and the first box showed up Wed and it is now Saturday night and no nyala yet?? And a bit more pain, the order was over $600!! ouch! oh well, if you are going to play, you are going to have to pay.

13. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Re: $31.54 shipping cost for 20 whitetail mannikins from McKenzie

it doesn't matter how much they charge.....shipping costs are outrageous and it's uncalled for. Hopefully this speedee company takes off and puts a dent in ups sales!! Guess I am just an assclown as well.

14. ryan rhodes

Do you think gas prices are gonna magically change and go back to a dollar? Do you think shippimg charges are magically gonna drop tenfold? Do you think supply companies are going to decreases prices ever? I bitch about taxidermists who are to foolish to have any understanding about fundamental business...

15. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

I`ve never had to specify that the order be packed full, it always is packed to capacity. I guess if they cut some forms into little peices they might fit in one more form in the box lol.
    Looks like you paid the full shipping charge, I just see the 12% $1000.00 discount. All the suppliers offer a dicount if you buy in bulk, really the best way to do it if at all possible!
    Every dollar saved is a dollar earned!

16. Huntress

Huntress Member

Nothing was really saved on the shipping of this order other than what was saved by packing the boxes tighter. The $125 "saved" by using it on shipping was then "lost" as a discount.... so full price was paid for the forms.

17. michael p.

So if 'nothing was saved' explain to me why this same order if broken down into 5 seperate orders of $200 each would have cost more?

18. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

takes off? they have been around since 1978 they have no intention to grow too fast. They enjoy serving a niche market at a fair price. Look at DHL when they tried to cover areas like UPS and still charge low rates.

19. Huntress

Huntress Member

I agree that smaller orders would cost more. But the majority of the savings on this order came from the discount. To me it seemed like you were saying the shipping was oniy $31 when it was really still $156. You may have used the discount to pay for it but by doing that you just paid full price for the forms.

20. michael p.

I'll pay full price for the forms 24/7 365 if I can get 20 of them delivered to my side door for less than $2 a piece. The point is for everybody that bitches about shipping, there are alternatives to make it easier on the pocket. This was an example.