1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

$31.54 shipping cost for 20 whitetail mannikins from McKenzie

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michael p., Nov 11, 2011.

1. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

order 1 wt mannikin, 1 pair of earlines, 1 pair of eyes, and have it shipped to you. If this cost isn't directly in your price, you're flat out nuts... send one cape to the tannery and note shipping to and from... this should not come out of pocket or be bitched about in any way... When I order a bucket of hide paste, I'll use it only for whitetails and put a hash-mark on the lid. when it's gone, divide that number by the price you paid with shipping, that dollar amount should be in your price... same with clay, epoxy, thread, whatever.... this is called overhead... regardless of wether or not I get enough mannikins to garner a discount from mckenzie, the shipping is paid for, is it not??? If you're doing wall habitats, you should be charging enough to cover all costs at all times and still have a profit margin... it's really simple stuf...

2. R.Rhodes, when did this turn into a business management post? Michael P. simply showed his invoice and his savings. I believe this stemmed from an earlier post of Fozzie complaining about the cost of shipping. Big deal! There's not anything in this post from anyone that indicates they're bitching about shipping because they're only charging $300. Someone simply complained about the cost of shipping. Just like someone complaining about the price of gas. Then you came on here and said you "hate taxidermist" that bitch about shipping cost and call them all "assclowns". There's no need for that, sometimes people just have to vent. I charge way more that $300 dollars, but I still bitch about shipping.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Actually this post had NOTHING to do with Fozzie, but when he read it he took credit for it :)

4. Southland Taxidermy

Southland Taxidermy Join your State and National Taxidermy Association

I ordered a large order from McKenzie last year and the lady I spoke with sopped about 2/3 through the order and said "it would probably be cheaper to send this by truck "(transfer truck) and ask did I have time to wait for a quote so by waiting for a quote she told me shipping would have been around $600 by ups. by truck it was only going to be $200 - $300 so if you are ordering in large quantities ask for a ( TRUCK QUOTE)

5. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Works some of the time..........

Suppliers at shows usually have discounted prices, free shipping, etc.... So if planned right you can order stuff and save. Also most associations have a forms auction at their shows and you can get mannikins extremely cheap.

:)

Kerby...

6. any ideas for the beginner? I'm only trying to get practice in - and I'm not selling anything so I can't defer the shipping cost, nor do I have enough money or experience yet, to order bulk. I'm all ears if you've got some ideas!

7. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Re: $31.54 shipping cost for 20 whitetail mannikins from McKenzie

see if you can do some hands on stuff with local guys. I have done things like this with Gregg I, Bill and Rob Coates and just recently Bill Yox. Some guys charge more than others and done are just happy to share the day. I don't believe anybody would turn you away from their shop...lol!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. Huntress all Mike is trying to point out is if you wait and order in volume ... $1000 +.... the discount offsets the shipping costs...and this is true. You can call it free shipping or you can call it material discount .... what Mike called it was $125 bucks still in his pocket and that is smart business. Right Mike.... :)

9. michael p.

Yep :)

10. ryan rhodes

i apologize...

11. michael p.

I don't.......

12. ryan rhodes

hahaha...

13. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

I just got 11 WT forms and earliners, eyes and some clay and it was $99 for shipping. Came in two boxes. I saved $38 on materials with my discount so shipping actually cost me $61.00. I am going to ask McKenzie to start taking my forms to a band saw and cut them thin, then put them in the USPS flat rate envelope. What a minute! I actually think that will cost more? YIKES!!

14. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

I saved on my truck insurance the last time I placed an order with mckenzie.
    THANKS MCKENZIE!!!

15. Huntress

Huntress Member

I understand what he's saying, I just hope all the newbies who read this aren't confused by the creative accounting.

At the end of the year when the 'taxman commeth' the deductions on this order should be listed as Supplies- $919 and SHIPPING- $156.

16. michael p.

You are really trying to rationalize and justify yourself aren't you. I simply try to show people who bitch week after week how to stop their bitching and save whether it be from McKenzie, Coombs.... whoever.

As far as your accounting quip, well no $hit. My CPA gets my receipts of actual costs, not the savings.

Tell you what, I'll just leave this place to all you whiners, bitchers and twisters and you all can spend the rest of your living life blaming UPS for not making money or taking SOUND advice and twisting it for beginners. You can have the mother ****er. I'm tired of giving simple, helpful info and then getting people twisting it.

It's all yalls. I'm sure you all can do much, much better. Besides, what the **** do I know? I never have to get on here and bitch about what my competition is charging, I never get on here saying how horrible prices, shipping and all other economical aspects of Taxidermy are . I guess I just don't fit in because I don't fit the profile of a broke miserable taxidermist who has to find somebody to blame their bill$hit on. Y'all got it all figures out, it's calked how y
    to be in business and be miserable. Well if that's the way this is suppose to work then count me out. Y'all can have the $hit, y'all figure it out.

17. Huntress

Huntress Member

I'm not in a very good mood this week so I'm just gonna let this end by saying that I have a newbie in the shop who read this and was confused....I explained it to him and thought I'd post for anyone else who didin't get it.

My apologies to you MichaelP for whatever I said that upset you.

18. michael p.

I'm an itsy, bitsy, bitchy myself so we'll just let this one ride :)

19. Shoot mike your saving all kinds of money between the shipping and cheap mexican labor. Dont keep your mouth shut you have done more for this site and continue to give great sound advise for beginners as well as old timers. Believe me its not you that needs to keep their mouth shut. Keep on typin brother im a readin

20. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Lmao ,I got more goin on in my life than taking credit for a stupid post Mikey , it DID sound like a continuation post about "shipping prices" is all .....that was funny though.