1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One expensive deer!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by deadeyedave2008, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Saturday on the way home from a long unsuccessful day of hunting, this stud ran out in front of me! I am going to mount it as a joke for our hunting room but i need some ideas.... I was thinking of doing a off set shoulder mount and brand a Chevy symbol into its shoulder where i had hit it!! Any ideas???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

is that poop comming out of his butt or part of the grille

3. JOrlick

JOrlick New Member

Full or pedestal sneak, branding a bowtie on the shoulder would be awesome.

4. use some of your bumper parts for habitat

5. duece

duece Member

Well that's something you don't see ever day. Sorry about your luck. Or I mean congrads. Either way nice buck. Thanks for the laugh.

6. Mason

Mason Active Member

Not sure if you could brand him,
    But, Could you hollow out a Chevy bow tie on his shoulder. Just sculpt it in when you prep the form. Then card the hide down in the impression of the bow tie while drying?

7. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Wall pedistal with the picture above on the back side ?

8. ¿¿??

¿¿?? New Member

wrap the headlight around his horns

9. bumper and bug shield sure look good???

10. If you can't shoot them, hit em.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Why not make a truck grill wall mount, the front end of a truck on the wall, with the life size buck embedded in it.

12. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

at least you got yours , My girl it a bear with my car 2200.00 dollars damage and didn't get the bear . lol

13. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thats the buck that they named the "Truck Buck" LOL ;D

14. Mason

Mason Active Member

If you had done that in PA. It would have been even more expensive!
    You would have had to pay for the rack if you wanted to keep it. ::)
    Unless it was a booner, and then you wouldn't have got to.

15. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

So true Mason

16. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

i would rather be able to pay and keep it than not keep it at all... (here in NJ they will not let you keep antlers.. only meat off road kill)

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I dont care much for these types of mounts, they seem tacky to me. Id rather have a simple framed pic of the truck hung underneath the shoulder mount. But....

If you were to, Id lean more toward a shoulder mount mounted on a panel...a panel cut out of an old or scrap fender in the shape of a real panel, but painted the color of your truck, smooth and shiny. I still say yuck, but it would look cool as a truck quarter panel ...panel!

18. thanks for the ideas everyone!!!! i ordered the bolting form from Mckenzie to use since it makes the deer look like its getting ready to run, i think that will look pretty good. I never knew the deal with roadkill bucks in pennsylvania. Its just another way for the state to earn some money, but it keeps people from hitting deer on purpose im guessing.

19. Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf New Member

The gorgeous lodge we stay in for the "wounded warrior hunts" has a bunch of nice mounts, each with a plaque underneath that lists name, date and weapon.

One of the nicest bucks in the room has a plaque under it that reads:

"Peter ****** 2006 Right Front Fender"

I don't know why I find it so funny, but I think that's the best way to let people know it was killed by a motor vehicle.

So maybe mount it up normal and add a plaque.

Though I did chuckle at the grill parts laid on the animal like a bow. LOL

20. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Yup...this is how I hunt too. :) I like the idea of hollowing out the Chevy in the form and pressing the skin down in it so it has the indent.