1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Suspended Mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Sela.Absynthe, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

just out of curiosity I was wondering.....How does one do a suspended mount like the one pictured on the main page? (deer drinking on the pedestal)

I have always been intrigued by the artistic traditional mounts that I have found with the suspended mounts of a deer leaping in the air, a buck brushing velet off with a sapling, or the simple deer drinking. and I've noticed in these mounts that no supports are showing that keep it up, especially the leaping deer mounts.

i know most artists dont like to give up their secrets but I am just curious as to how this is done.

2. use your common sense and think about it..
    and its not super glue

3. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

That's rude and unhelpful Outwoods :p

They're called "air mounts", and they're built with an under-structure of metal rods and such that discreetly attaches them to habitat or other animals. For example this from Artistry of Wildlife: http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/800_DSCN1485.jpg - the deer is (I'm guessing) attached to the rock, it goes up through the deer and into the paw of the cougar

4. thanks Lizardguts, Im sure Outwoods is just having some smart ass humor fun with me.

I find the air mounts to be a cool twist on traditional mounts rather than the stiff poses you see sometimes.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Outwoods was not being rude, some girls are not mechanically inclined, and even though to them taxidermy is all cute and fascinating, there are parts of it that require thinking like a man. House engineers do not make good shop engineers.

Square telescopic tube.
    http://www.McKenziesp.com/Search.aspx?k=pin+system

6. Dan

Dan One Year Old Already!

Ouch T. You better duck. :eek:

7. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

T get back to the kitchen where you belong and make me a sandwich

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

:D :D

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Yeah T. Know your frickin role.

10. chadleek

chadleek New Member

Isn't this
    Isn't this forum suppose to be for people with questions? Why be a dick when a beginner has a question about something they don't know about?

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Hey! I buy groceries, I vacuum, wash dishes, wash clothes, and cook. And I watch Dancing with the Stars too! ;D And I am a Air Mount Engineer Apprentice.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Your not the first gay taxidermist T. I still think your OK though. ROTFLMAO

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Now hold on there Red,, lets not go that far. Not that there is anything wrong with being a taxidermist.

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

LMBO!!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Just so EVERYbody knows, I am NOT gay.

16. this explains why the sandwhiches havent shown yet

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

No ? Well your favorite hockey team sure is. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

18. listen here you girlies stay in the kitchen and away from the tool kit

19. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Oh yea? December 13 th,, in your house,,,, and tell your favorite team to leave their purses at home.

20. only if you "men" learn how to really shall I say...Mount a woman properly ;) and that doesnt mean super glue can be used