1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Epply Tru eyes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by gobbler71, Nov 16, 2011.

1. gobbler71

gobbler71 Member

For all who use these eyes how do you protect when airbrushing. I use Gary Bowens eye protect on my glass, can I do this on these?

2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Yes you can. I just use molding latex that I buy locally.

3. I just paint them and then clean with rubbing alcohol, a soft paint brush and a popsicle stick that I cut a sharp tip on. Of course I use acrylic paint.

4. MattG

MattG New Member

Just clean them the same way you do your glass eyes

5. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

I paint them and clean them off with a tooth pick and then wipe with rubbing alcohol. some times i will paint them with modgpodge? before painting

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I also paint them with Modge Podge.

7. Heath Cline

Ohio
    If you clean your glass eyes like I do, with a scalpel, YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT WITH TRU EYES !!

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I never cared for cover mask products for eyes, as I want to get tight to it and the lid, and cant with those products. Im not knocking those who use them though!

If you use lacquer paint, use denatured alcohol for cleaning those eyes.

9. MattG

MattG New Member

Re: Re: Epply Tru eyes

Well i use sandpaper

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Bill, so do I . You see I dont put the latex on until I am doing the finish work. Do the finish work & latex on eyes one day, paint the next day. And when I apply the latex there is still about 1/8" area of the eye that is not covered with the latex. This way there is less cleaning. A couple of swipes with the toothpick or wooden brush handle & its clean of overspray.