1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rick Krane is incredible..... check it out!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Nov 16, 2011.

1. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Some of you fish regulars may remember a while back that i had come on here with a proposition that if someone wanted to mount my daughters RBtrout for me that i would in turn mount a bird for them since im strictly a bird and reptile guy only..........well..... my buddy Rick Krane contacted me with his own proposition that he would mount her trout if he could do it while filming his up and coming new DVD "Skin mounting a Rainbow Trout"..... needless to say that was a no brainer for me...LOL Alyssa my daughter has asked me time and again to PLEASE learn to do fish so i could mount it for her, she had no idea that her fish was being worked on by one of the best in the industry. I kept telling her someday i will learn to do them and hopefully your fish will not have spoiled by then...LOL

I got 2 packages in the mail yesterday and I WAS BLOWN AWAY!! Rick finished the fish and let me tell you this mount is world class! I was speechless. He didnt even want reimbursment for the shipping, base or materials?

Rick.... again, thank you so much for your offer and wonderful work on her fish. She was so excited when she saw it, she just stood there with her jaw agape for several minuits. Also the base was nothing but extravagant.... truly I was prepared to build a base for it myself, that was over and above my friend.

Folks I want to just say Rick is truly a rare breed kind of guy. This day and age it is hard to find folks that have excelled and risen in any profession and still find them humble, generous and selfless.... well Rick you have turned out to be all of those things. You are a great guy and have blessed my family....thank you!

My offer still stands to mount your girl a bird if you decide to and i look forward to having you over for some world class Rainbows, Bull trout and Redbands on a Fly pole this coming fall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. He's the tops brother. A true one of a kind.. What a great story... congrats to her wonderful catch!!! Now I'm looking forward to the new DVD even more!

3. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Great story.

4. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Looks great,and your daughter has something to cherish for life. I don't think I have ever seen anything negative written about Rick. He really does seem to be the humble, generous and selfless man you claim Jeremy and I would love to meet him some day , who knows , I may be able to jump the pond one day !
    Nice to hear story's like this
    John

5. Jeremy, congratulations to your daughter,thats a realy nice fish for a young girl .For all the reasons you stated above,AND the fact that when Rick looks you in the eye, shakes your hand and tells you something,you can take it to the bank,that makes me proud to call Rick "friend".More than that I'm humbled that he would call ME "friend". If every one lived and acted by Ricks standards, the world would TRULY be a better place for us all!

6. I couldn't agree more with all of the above. He is a class A guy but at the same time he's just as down to earth as anyone I know. The man knows a fish inside and out. He's an excellent teacher and taxidermist but an even better person and friend. Its hard to find someone now days that is willing to give you the shirt off his back but I know for myself, Ricks that kind of guy. He has helped me through some really tough times away from taxidermy.

Congratulations Jeremy on your daughters fish mount. I'm jealous!!!!!!

7. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Great fish. Congrats to your daughter.

Rick, Great job and class act!

8. Awesome story

9. That is great and nice looking bow.

10. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I've known Rick for years and have to X2 every good thing that is said about him. I can even claim to know his grandfather Richard Christoforo hehe, and Rick is the better of the two lolol. Good luck...JL (in NH).

11. His work is almost as nice to be around as he is in person ;D Gorgeous fish!!!!!! Congrats Jeremy!

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

as said above... Rick's a great guy. And like Travis, away from taxidermy has helped a few of us out more than most.

Thankfull to call him a mentor and friend.

13. RTF

RTF Active Member

Rick is the man. Great story and awesome mount. Congrats to your daughter.

14. jt

jt Member

PA
    I was there when he was finishing this piece. He's one of the most generous people I know. Pictures don't do it justice, just like watching his dvds is not the same as being with him and getting to know just how nice of a person he really is. The pic of your daughter smiling with the fish is priceless.

15. AA

AA Member

I don't post much here but had to chime in with a +100000 with everything said about Rick. I am glad to call Rick a friend.

Pat
    www.avianarts.com

16. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

What a great story and an outstanding mount!

17. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice story with a great ending....no surprise here in the years I've known Rick....Congrats to your daughter. Beautiful job on the rainbow. And as Travis and Jimmy touched on, Rick is not only an excellent teacher/taxidermist, and fisherman, he is also a fisher of men.............

18. Beautiful mount! I agree with everything said above. Rick is truly a special person.

19. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Awesome! Rick is an outstanding guy. That is a beautiful mount! Absolutely beautiful! Congrats to your daughter for catching such a nice fish! I'll have to buy that DVD because I want to learn to paint one that nice! Your an awesome man Rick!

20. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

You can say all the nice things you want about Mr. Rick Krane...nice...incredible...awesome...yadda...yadda...yadda. The bottom line here is this...there are no words that can describe what kind of a person he really is. Incredible? Yes Awesome? Yes Nice? Immensely so. It fairly oozes out of him. No...he don't walk on water, he aint that good. But I am and will always be a fan of Rick Krane. I would truly love to take one of his courses...just can't right now. Rick...like everything you do...that rainbow was out of this world. You are truly in a class of your own.