1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyotes take down a trophy buck.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by John C, Nov 18, 2011.

1. http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/jiofds-2fnd983-fnkl2i2-2789ndf98?et_mid=526382&rid=25356695

2. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

I gave up after picture 66 ,,man what a boob I had punched the wrong button and it took a long time to view them ,,so I went back what a shame!!!

3. Those are some incredible pictures.

Bruce

4. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Thats proof that coyotes don't eat only dead , old, or sick deer. I've seen the results many times since we got coyotes down here in the late 70's. It made me stock up on traps, and catch a bunch of them. Thanks for sharing that John C. ;)

5. That was incredible, I had a three legged deer last year on camera, same thing happened to him but off camera by 75 yard, I saw the buzzards and went to investigate, I knew when I saw him on camera earlier in the week the coyotes would get him.

6. BMHET

BMHET Member

Wow, that's crazy.

7. shockme2

shockme2 New Member

Hey Marshell-with-an-e,

Do you still have the pics of that 3 legged deer? :)

8. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Amazing. The person checking the camera was in for a surprise

9. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

That is why I kill every one of those bastards any time I see them. Talk about taking a stud of a deer off the hit list. Too bad he didn't find it soon enough to salvage the rack.

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

11. chongo

chongo Member

Suppose they are smart enough to know that a velvet buck is less likely to use his antlers, or even reluctant to.

12. MITCHELL4

MITCHELL4 New Member

That was pretty wild. Hate the yotes around here as well.

13. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

Pretty brutal

14. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I don't think the deer was healthy. He appears to be in the final stages of EHD. Notice his swollen tongue and the braking down of capillaries (not the bites) near thinned hair areas. They finally get where they stand around in one spot, oblivious to their surroundings. The coyotes were just waiting around taking cheap shots when the deer layed down.

15. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

I have seen these pix before, and I thought they said the deer was wounded to begin with. But ya coyotes can take down a healthy deer in snow that's for sure, and they definately kill fawns

16. I agree. Our local hunting site already posted this. I am still perplexed how everyone thinks coyotes can kill off huge numbers/herds of deer without effort. It was evident the deer was sick or injured, thus nature took it's course and death was knocking on this deer's doorstep.

17. EHD in Oklahoma? Suppose those pics were in Oklahoma.

18. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Sandy @ Coyotes works as a team, and it take time, and effort, a lot of it. They don't kill a herd off, they pick them off one at a time. If they can find a doe that is dripping just before birth, they will trail her up, and kill her and the fawn unborn or not. :(

19. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Wow!

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Wow, thats why I kill coyotes every time I have a chance whether I am deer hunting or not. Coyote are pack hunters and can and will run down healthy animals as well. They are very smart predators. I say kill em all!