1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let's see some deer mounts with earliners.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Uncle Harley, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Ok I know this is a strange request, but I am wanting to start using liners in lieu of bondo, and want to see what kind of results people are getting, My main concern is ear placement and would like to see mounts with one ear forward and one back, If you could state which liners you use, that would be apreciated.

2. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Here is a deer I did using the eppley earliners.

[​IMG]

3. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

I dont have any on this pc.But if you want to pm me your cell number i can text you a couple

4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

I use the 360s from Ohio Taxidermy Supply without the earbutts, Its just faster for me to do them in clay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

HARLEY!!!! Don't tell me at this point I'm your life-with reflective eyes- you don't know what a deer mounted with liners looks like. Believe it or not, before Bonding, we ALL used airliners of dome sort. Every deer over 40you years old has liners. As for that placement issue the 370and are ideal. I cut the tip off and seat it in a routed out hole in the manikin so I don't use the bases.

6. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

LOL George I do, however, when I see a nice looking mout like Bill just posted I think HMMM wonder what liners he used. Thus the point of this thread. I see that it seems that most so far don't use the bases, which is also something I had a hunch on, it certainly gives one more freedom of placement that way. Does anybody buy 2 sets of bases and use one forward and one semi back?

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

While I don't use them anymore, I tried the butts with the Ohio 360 liners a couple times. Here is what I came up with. I still use the 360 liners, but now I clay my butts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Re: Re: Let's see some deer mounts with earliners.

Cole...sell me that back drop so my stuff will start looking that nice:)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I use the Epplys on every deer, the back base size large is ok for small and medium deer, but big deer still get clay as the backward style base is to small for big butts. I can not get the front style base to look good at all. I have a pile of them if anyone wants to buy them.

Attached Files:

• am8.jpg
      am8.jpg
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
  10. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use celastic and clay in the base.

11. Here is one with one ear forward and one back on the new 6900 form. With clay ear butts.

Attached Files:

12. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Nice mounts everyone! I love the look of deer mounts with earliners. Very crisp.

13. zubba

zubba Active Member

I also use Ohio liners. I don't use the bases, just clay the butts the way I want them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. WFT

WFT New Member

[​IMG] i used the epply 360 on all my deer[​IMG]

15. Matt

Matt Active Member

I use celastic most of the time with a few Eppleys here and there, and build my butts all the time. These are all celastic here.

Attached Files:

16. SD Cowgirl

SD Cowgirl New Member

Matt, I love that mount!

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All Eppley 360 with clay butts.

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Love that monut Matt!

Awesome deer Ron C! Beautiful mounts.