1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PA Bear shot How could you not see him coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by disabled, Nov 21, 2011.

1. disabled

disabled Active Member

I had a client bring in a PA bear shot Saturday and he thinks he does not want the hide says his wife want nothing to do with it He did not even want the meat Why do guys do this and then shoot something like this a once in a lifetime wow is all i can say!!!!!!! john

Attached Files:

2. That is one neat looking bear!

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    The thrill of the kill. Some idiots get the Jones to just "kill something" for no other reason ... than to kill something. It is pure asinine and nothing more! Be better if they stuck the gun up their bung hole and blew their brains out! Frigging Jackass!!!

4. GC424

GC424 New Member

LMAO

5. cshank

cshank New Member

PA
    X2 LOL
    His loss your grain...beautiful PA bear life-size mount for your show room!!

6. elkmasterwyo

elkmasterwyo New Member

Holy chit couldn't have said it any better!!! TOTAL disrespect for the animal!!!

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

i would have asked him why the hell he killed it if he didn't want it.....such a waist of not only wildlife but of life itself..we make our living off of dead animals, however waisting the life of another creature is nothing but stupid....i had an african client that came back from safari last year.....he killed another four cape buffalo's ...i have already mounted six of them for him...he didn't want them mounted, just wanted to kill them.....i did bitch him out and let him know that they could still be alive and either good breeding stock for the heard or what nature intended that they be food for another animal...

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Yeah ... yeah ... it pisses me off when I hear about this kind of waste. It makes the whole "hunting promotes conservation" argument fall flat on its ass ... which is something I've never bought into anyway. Hunting promotes the hunters ego ... nothing more. But this sort of behavior? This does no one any damn good!

9. Couldnt agree more.

10. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

:( This is depressing. At least the bear is in your hands now. Hope you can do something wonderful with him to make his death a little less meaningless.

11. Mason

Mason Active Member

I know several farmers here in PA , that would have done the same thing. To them, this animal has cost him thousands of dollars a year in damage. No different then the hogs down south. He's probably just glad to have gotten one off the face of the earth.
    I know the fellas here that lease up our land were sick, when they picked the corn off our place, because of the bear damage.

12. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Just be happy that he/she did not gut shoot it to let it run off and die where they don't have to deal with it.
    Ralph

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

wanna sell it?

14. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

I am surprised to hear such judgmental responses to this. First off, we only have an account without many details. Secondly, we can't pretend to know what is in the hearts and minds of others. Thirdly, maybe there is more to the story or maybe this guy thought he wanted to be a bear hunter and couldn't handle it. I went through a stage where I couldn't eat my own deer meat for 5 or 6 years, but it took me a few years to accept that fact, so technically, I wasn't eating what I killed. Am I a bad person? I hope not. We all know the truth about hunting ducks and how much of that meat is not spoken about, but I don't hear to many rants about those people.

15. Heck

Heck Active Member

This is a different case. In Africa all that meat was consumed by the people over there, not wasted. And the money , your overly rich and underly smart customer paid, is promoting conservation and deterring poaching. With a PH you only shoot the animals that you are told are ok to shoot. If he did not shoot the buffs another hunter would be in there to shoot them. Not anywhere near the same scenario as the bear.

16. John Panter

John Panter New Member

Who else is going to pay for game management? Tree huggers? Hunting also promotes much more than ego, at least it does for me. As a taxidermist I am surprised you seem to hate hunters.

17. Mason

Mason Active Member

I dont think John has a hatred for hunters. ;D
    Just a hatred for some ideals that SOME hunters have. I hate some stuff some hunters do as well.
    As for the bears, I could care less. As a former farmer, I hate em myself. Kill em all for all I care. The only thing they are good for IMO is what money they make for taxidermists.

18. disabled

disabled Active Member

PacWest Alaska
    your right there is more to the story, I have done work for this client before, he went bear hunting sat here in PA with his cabin, he saw 3 bears, mother and 2 little ones, he shot this bear the other 2 ran away, he shot it cause it was the closest to him he is 66 years old went home and his wife said no way on mounting that one she wanted nothing to do with it

then we skinned it an then he did not want the meat again only like 76 lbs but come on such a waste is what i was thinking why got hunting????? john

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yep, all the hunters associated with SCI, DU and others do absolutely nothing for conservation. None of the hunters who pay for Oryx in Texas or bear in Alaska have done nothing to promote the species ::)

The above quoted line is one that only a non hunter could render valid because they do not have a clue the money we spend on conservation.

20. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John we've all come to understand you're a few watts short of nite lite but that's about as damned dumb a statement as you've ever made. Bunny hugging pukes use that same bullspit. The American Conservation Model was drawn up by HUNTERS. Hunting licenses. Hunting seasons, and Pittman-Robinson Funding are self imposed by HUNTERS. HUNTERS pay excise tax. Duck Stamps, and special permits to pay for CRP protection. So tell me exactly how much the friggin bird watchers and bunny highers contribute to protecting the spotted owl and the condor.