1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

current prices on full body bobcat and yote

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by KansasBuck, Nov 21, 2011.

1. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Hi all, just trying to get an idea on what everyone is currently charging on lifesize bobcats and yotes around the midwest. I know there will be a large variation in charges but thats ok. Saw an old thread where Cole was charging under 500 for a bobcat. :)

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Whatever you think it's worth and you can get. I charge $800 for each.

3. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

$700 to start plus the base, I'll be going up to $800 this coming year

4. Whatever makes you happy and don't worry about anyone else.

5. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

Charge $650.00 for each

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Cole gets $625 plus base now. ;)
    ($675 for coyotes)

7. I charge 600.00 for each + base

8. boarhunter67

How is it I recently was attacked by someone on here for having too low of prices even though my prices seem higher than many of the others'?

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

[​IMG]

We start at $750 and go from there. May need to go up next year, we've gotten in 11 lifesize to do since October.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. Charge more for open mouth.

11. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Because there are people who just have to attack and do it all the time. Gotta let it slide off or you could go nuts.

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

I start at $900 for both, doing a bobcat now for $1000...

13. gab

gab Active Member

925 and 900

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I must have missed that, post a link to the thread where someone attacked you for charging 800 for a small mammal and I'll jump to your defense.

15. boarhunter67

It was Richard C. but it was on a thread unrelated to price. He didn't like what I had to say about something so he went to my website and brought up my prices trying to discredit me I guess. I thought it was funny because I'm higher than most people in my area.

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I see, I looked at your site and it seems most of the prices are fair, but a couple looked really out of whack. $800 moose for example, if you were to get one in you would lose money on it. Maybe that's what he was referring to.

17. 800 plus base cost. OM extra.

18. boarhunter67

Is $800 low for a moose? I had a shira moose in last summer and it cost about as much as an elk and other than the waddle/bell or whatever it's properly called, it wasn't that much more work. I certainly didn't lose money. I am planning on raising my prices on bison and elk next year and probably deer. I just don't see why some people get so bent out of shape on what others charge unless it affects them in some way. I could see if I was charging $200 for a deer, but I don't think $400 is so low that someone should be complaining about it. Sorry to take this post off topic.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I don't get as hung up on others prices as most, so don't take this as me giving you a hard time. It makes no difference to me what you charge, it just looked like a couple prices weren't in line with others on your site. (moose being one of them) Tanning on a moose, plus shipping to and from the tannery will cost roughly $340. A large moose manikin from McKenzie plus freight is $320. $20 in hide paste, $18 eyes, ear liners $16, not to mention the small amount of thread, paint, epoxy, etc. Most moose require pinned antlers, which is another $16 in supplies. This totals $730. I'm not sure what your shop rate is, but I have to assume even someone working from home would have over $70 of overhead on a project like that. Therefore yes, you are doing $800 moose for free...if not losing money.

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Just for fun, post your breakdown of the moose you mounted, and the profit you made. Include your shop rate (preferably broken down into overhead and profit), the hours you had in the project, and your supply costs.