1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Prayers For Ms. Lola Haynes

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, Nov 23, 2011.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Please keep our dear Ms. Lola Haynes in your daily prayers. Rather than write her situation by my hand, I took the liberty of posting this most heart wrenching email from her daughter, Ruthie:

Hi everyone,

RE: Lola Haynes

This is to all of my and my mother's relatives and friends for whom I have an email address. Please forgive this generic and blunt announcement but, much as I'd like to call or write each of you individually, I don't have time for an individual call or letter to each of you; so I am committing this faux pas. Besides, it's hard to talk while crying and tears will mess up paper dreadfully.

Mother is in the hospital and we do not expect her to live at this time. I will let you all know what happens. She has been ill and in a lot of pain for a long long time. We had her taken to the hospital last Tuesday, November 15, a week ago.

Daddy has been dead since 1979. For the past month, she has been telling us all that Daddy has come back to get her and he has been keeping her company around the house. Once she even told Bunny to not sit on the end of bed cause Daddy was sitting there. They had such a strong love and bond with each other and I'm glad he is back for her.

In accordance with her previously stated wishes, she is DNR at the hospital. She will not eat, but, also in accordance with her wishes, there is no feeding tube. She has been telling us for a long time that she wants to die as she is in so much pain and has no life other than lying in bed and hurting. She has gotten to the point that we have to physically lift her up to be moved anywhere, such as her chair in the front room or her bedside commode. She slept most of the time and generally did not make a lot of sense when awake. She, herself, has been gone a long time and has left only a shell behind. It would be selfish of us to try to keep her in her current physical and mental state; hence the DNR and no tube. There was some reaction to the pictures of Lydia and Meridia, and she was looking forward to seeing Malik in January.

This is very hard on all of us and I sincerely hope our family survives this intact. She has been the loving backbone of our family for 88 years and is the glue that has kept us stuck together. Your prayers will help sustain us so don't be stingy with them. If you are a family member, please tell any of the rest of your family who might be interested as I don't have everyone's email.

If she comes home to us, I'll let you all know. Also, if she goes home with Daddy, I'll let you know that too.

Much love to you all,

Ruthie Carter

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Prayers go out for Ms Haynes and all her loved ones.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Indeed prayers are sent.

4. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Will be in our Prayers

5. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

God's comfort to her and the family.

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Miss Lola is in my heart and my sincerest sympathies for her situation. I hope she is relieved of her suffering soon ... no one should suffer. May she find peace. Peace and love to her family as well.

7. SO sad. May she go in peace.

8. clewis

clewis New Member

Way too many things get overlooked in the hubbub of everyday life. Taking things for granted has become the norm. We are numbed and dumbed down to the special and extraordinary people that provide the glue that hold things together. Those humble and unseen people who are way too frequently overlooked and unrecognized with the spotlight and attention going instead to those who produce the best mounts or provide the loudest and most eloquent oratory. In reality it is the unsung folks, the wives, families, employees, and volunteers that keep our profession on a level and even track. Without them we would be far less than what we are.

Ms. Lola Haynes was one of those people, always there for her husband, family and most of all the taxidermy industry. She truly felt that the taxidermy industry was her family and the taxidermists her children. This is one of those times when the politics of what we do should take a distant last place to appreciating what this special person and her family have done for all of us. From their beginning in Popular Bluff Arkansas to her presence at national competitions, Ms. Lola Haynes has been an ambassador and shinning example of the type of commitment and effort it takes to be that GLUE. My prayers and best wishes are with her and her family at this difficult time.

Craig Lewis
    Chairman of the Board
    United Taxidermist Association.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ms. Lola Haynes and her family. I wish them all the best.

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I will always cherish our last phone conversation, although I barely heard Miss Lola because of her old phone. Anyone who has spoke to her in the past might recall that. I respectfully wish all the best for her family and for Miss Lola for her upcoming journey.

11. Prayers sent for all.

12. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

UPDATE ON MISS LOLA:

For starters I want to thank all of you for your many prayers during this very sad time in our family's life. Miss Lola was moved from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility last night. She is very unstable. She suffered a stroke on day four of her sixteen day hospital stay and has not been the same since. When I look into her eyes and she looks back....she looks through me not at me. She doesn't know where she is nor why she is there and asks repeatedly what shes supposed to do. Too weak to sit up and can't swallow.

I thank God each and every day for giving me so many great years with the best human he ever created. I also believe that his miracles are there for the taking as long I believe. I will never stop believing until she breathes her last breath, as I can't imagine life without her. She taught me that life is about love, sharing, compassion, and kindness...and that I should never get too busy making a living that I forget to make a life.

At this time I don't know what tomorrow will bring, or even what the next hour has in store...but I do know that I will spend that time telling Miss Lola that she has lived well and loved well; and in return she will feel the most extraordinary kind of love---heartfelt appreciation.

I ask for your continued prayers for Miss Lola....and I also ask...."IF YOU HAD ONE HOUR TO LIVE AND COULD ONLY TALK TO ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHAT WOULD YOU SAY.....AND WHY ARE YOU WAITING????

She loves each and every one of her "NTA children" unconditionally.

Expecting a miracle,

Robin Hall (Bunny)
    (Granddaughter)

13. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I can say with certainty that everyone in this industry who knows her, or even knows of her, recognizes how special a person she is, and feels deeply moved by how she feels towards us as well. Personally I can only wish your family peace during these days and your continued family comforting for Miss Lola.

14. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Robin, the hearts and souls of everyone in this industry - though some may never know it- are with you and your family during this sad times. Our prayers go to her and to you during this vigil.

15. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Bunny,
    Please find a way to play this for Ms. Lola so she'll hear it and know our feelings for her. Tell her I won't forget what we spoke about the last time we visited by phone. Say for me that we promise her the NTA will go on far longer than the mere 40 years that is behind us already. Every thing we are today is because of Charley and Lola Haynes. All of us love her more than she can ever know. I assure you that the entire National Taxidermists Association joins our hearts together for Ms. Lola in this...

"The Prayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckH3V_xOCnQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I pray you'll be our eyes
    And watch us where we go
    And help us to be wise
    In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer
    As we go our way
    Lead us to a place
    Guide us with your Grace
    To a place where we'll be safe
    La luce che tu dai