1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf River Tannery - Wisconsin - Looking for input

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by justin_b, Nov 26, 2011.

1. justin_b

justin_b Just sayin...

WI
    I'm looking to hear from taxidermists who haved used Wolf River Tannery in Wisconsin. I'm thinking of using them, but would like to hear some feedback from those that have used them.

How does their tan peform as far as stretch, and overall quality of tanning / shaving?

2. wi chuck

wi chuck New Member

Hello,

I've used these guys for some coon and bear and have been very pleased by their work. The guy that runs the place is Tony and unlike so many other business people, this guy actually has a personality! He took me around and showed me the various work stations within the tannery and answered all my questions and didn't seem to mind doing so whatsoever. I'm finishing some more coon and bear and when they're done, this is where they're going.
    Hope this helps.
    Chuck

3. justin_b

justin_b Just sayin...

WI
    Thanks for the info Chuck.

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

I've mounted a lot of their skins and haven't been real impressed.

5. lizerd555

lizerd555 New Member

We don't know if my father in law or his buddies somehow did it while caping the deer or if it happened at the tannery, but a buck cape that we got back fromthem is missing a large portion of the back of the cape. Which is going to leave a good 6 by 12inch triangle for me to help my husband patch.
    For now we are giving them the benefit of the doubt because we made the mistake of not inspecting the hide before sending it out. Also we can't seem to find any other tannery in the state.

6. Yost Fur dressing is in Sturgeon Bay.

7. lizerd555

lizerd555 New Member

Thanks Rich.