1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finishing anyone?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by *, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mario

mario New Member

Very nice detail finish!!!

2. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

I'm not taking sides here, just supplying what I could find. Personally, I love the colouring over the epidermal slip but am not a fan of the nose colour or nostril shape (just my .02) I'm sure the customer is VERY happy considering how it could have looked.

Attached Files:

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Ted, I'm not taking sides either, but you posted a reference picture of a live animal. That is not reality. NO-one and I mean NO-one can completely duplicate God. We all have our own interpretations. Show me your interpretation as Jamie did of your mounted interpretation and explain to me where Jamie missed the mark. Yes, we use live references, but show me where he went wrong. I'm trying to learn something here.

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

If we really wanna split hairs, either bring that mount out in the natural light, or haul that live animal into studio photo light, then compare. For what its worth, its likely not that far off. While I am not personally a big fan of extra sculpting/detailing in my OWN work, I readily admire nice clean work by others.

Ron, seems youre just a tad testy on this. If YOU can reply, why cant I? Now, if youd have replied "True, I guess hes got the mounts coming in, but personally I still prefer to use different color values" then likely someone would comment.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Was wondering how long it would take Ron to pipe in and tell everybody once again he taught Jaimie everything he knows.

Thank God you didn't teach him business side.

6. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

What does it matter ? It was a very clean mount considering how it started. We all have our interpretations on what something should look like.

We all do things different and that is what makes them unique. I mount things and see things different than Yox, Rick Carter , antlerman ,* , etc.

Does that make mine wrong or theres wrong. Yes they make mine look like Sh*t. LOL

Very nice work *

7. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Tim, its just my .02, I don't have the clientele list that someone like Dennis has so I have nothing of my own to compare it to, but I know what i do and don't like. I thought the whole point is to try to replicate what god created as best we can ???

I'm not a fan of the peach colour of the inner nostril or its shape and the colour of the nose pad, maybe its lighting, maybe not.

Alot of this is really a grey area as there is NO set way to finish anything. Heck, the guy I originally learned from painted his noses jet black and his customers never had a problem.

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Ted, I hear ya. Ron makes a point that it takes the same amount of time to use one color over another, but again, its how people interpret, or its their own "signature" as to how they want it. In commercial taxidermy its the customer who judges.

Regardless...We can still admire the work of others while we strive for accuracy, or at least our interpretation of it.

9. antlerman

Ha Ha How did my name get thrown in there? You smoking something this morning Bob? Please, don't throw garbage on those icons you named. They deserve better.

Ted, I understand where you are coming from, but in reality I wanted Ron to tell us where Jamie, his prodigy, went wrong. Ron as the teacher, Jamie as the student. I want to hear Ron's critique and instructional wisdom.

10. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Because your my Idol also. :eek:

11. antlerman

You need to raise your standards.

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

How predictably perfect.....MP chimes in and wins me a bet i made just last night! BAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAA!

as far as the requests,, that critique was meant for Jamie and Jamie only. It was between HIM AND I.. I could have just oohed and awed like the rest . Facts are facts, and the colors i noted are wrong. I offered that critique for Jamie's benefit just like Ive critiqued thousands of mounts on here, but oddly the peanut gallery does not chime in on those,, just their "boy". Dennis posted this thread as to show excellent finishing which it is,,, just the wrong colors, but then i must suffer the wrath of the team as if they must come to the rescue for some deranged reason. WHY IS IT that when i critique someone else on here i don't receive the same reaction?

As far as any requests for particulars to kudu finishing,,,,,, ::) do you really think i'm going to do that now? LMAO! All this talk of "hey, its just stylized" and we should all just admire the work leads me to believe folks just dont give a rip about accuracy so neither will i.....

13. michael p.

Ron, you telling Dennis and Jaimie how to do their work makes about as much sense as Ford telling Toyota how to run an automobile company.

Glad you won the bet, maybe now this week we won't have to here for the 1,000th time in 6 years how horrible things are in Reno.

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

Hey loudmouth,,, I was telling Jamie and Dennis how to do their work berfore you were even in the business...Once again,, this doesnt concern you...ANd i dont live in Reno Nor do YOU know squat of my business....Other than the 1200.00 i dontated to your cause to help Harry Paulson, which was 100% for HARRY!

15. michael p.

Yeah, I remember that. You were suppose to do a seminar you never showed up for so I flew up there and filled in as best I could. Hope you still do that seminar those people paid you for ??? The $1200 was donated by Donnie, not you. You didn't do a damn thing....like show up for your own seminar. Mr. Ron "Reliable" Anderson.

If this was meant 'just for Jaimie' then why'd you put it on an open forum???

Sorry Ron, you can kiss my ass. Who the [expletive deleted] are you to tell a successful business owner and their employee what they are doing WRONG?! Apparantley they are doing Something right as they do not bitch every damn month how it's everybody else's fault that they are struggling so bad.

You think I don't know you Ron Anderson??? Go shovel that parrot &hit up and [expletive deleted] off.

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

spoken like your true self.....

as for your seminar wise cracks,,,they are as false as your bravado. It was the attendees that had to cancel and reschedule,, not me. And those arrangements have been covered 100% so don't worry your inflated head over that. But your foul mouthed punk routine is getting pretty boring as is you gawd awful ego. Posting you every move in the industry section when it is actually current event material at best alludes to a definite self loving issue. Its good that you love yourself ,,however,, you type your replies like i should be caring what YOU think,, and that is yet another delusional fallacy of you psyche.

17. michael p.

Oooohhhh..... he posted Taxidermy related items in the Industry Section instead of Cuuent Events...... ooooohhhh!!!!!!

And Jaimie worked under you for a year and you are responsible for his growth in the last 10 years with Dennis..... ooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Yep, all those people canceled.....because you were too damn lazy to follow up.

Let me ask you a point blank question Mr. Anderson...... if I were to refund that $1200, who should I make the check out to? since I never got a penny from you personally and you haven't given a seminar I'm confused now who I should give the money too???

Wow, first you taught Jaimie EVERYTHING he now knows and you've given me $1200..... next thing we'll find out you invented the Internet.

Instead of claiming you did everything who not do something you can actually take credit for...... like putting on that seminar that was paid $1200 for....hmmmm.... what a novel idea

18. RDA

RDA Active Member

as i said,, that HAS BEEN COVERED.the seminar is ineed coming up soon....And your still full of bs...as for your 1200.00 just take another vacation on it but be sure to post your every move in the industry section...or,, chooose an orfice and insert.....

19. michael p.

I'm leaving for New Mexico tomorrow at noon..... I'll be sure and do that just for you. As a matter of fact, I may just put it in the Industry Section and Training Section and while it's in the training section I may just bump my own post.

Wow, a double post and a bump........ that may just send you off the deep end!

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

i would point out the Mt Everest of IRONY here,,,if i cared that much..LMAO! But my bet has been proven far beyond expectations. Although we seem to be missing George and im a wee dissapointed although he wasnt included in the bet. Yes,, some should be feeling like a sucker on the end of a stink baited hook right about now. Im a very competent wise ol fisherman.