1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You Ohio guys ready?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Matt, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

Should be an interesting week as the weather is going to suck the first half of gun season, but the rest of the week ought to be madness!! If it anything like this season is going, it going to be some long nights. Hope everyone gets too much to handle!

2. tas

tas New Member

Yea, I think it is going to be a good one. My bow kill deer is up, this year. There will be a
    lot of guys sitting in the rain waiting for the big one.

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

I hope you're right as far as sitting in the rain for them. Two seasons ago it rained opening day and the numbers were WAY down. I made up for it later in the week though so it all worked out in the end, but I would rather see snow the first day than rain!

4. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Between the rain and wind its been a tough season so far. Gonna swim out to the stand and hope to see something worth shooting.

5. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I usually don't get them until mid-week. They are at their processing places until then. Good luck to all.

6. Well I went out this morning to sit in the rain and the woods were very quiet for an opening day of gun season. I think the weather later this week will help but it always gets me on edge when things don't start out with a bang. I look at it this way the longer a guy sits in the rain to get his trophy maybe the more value it will have to him right? ;)

7. usually it sounds like a range around my house very quiet today

8. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I don't mind the rain that much, it's better than what we had here in NY for the opener on 11/19, it was sunny and warm, highs near 60 and a dead still wind... Take was down too with those conditions. Hunters tend to NAP with those temperatures... lol

9. davehyer

davehyer New Member

Was way ahead of last year right at the begining of the rut, but it slowed down quite a bit around here. I am running slightly ahead of last year at this time. Only taken in about 5 from gun season so far.

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, it has been really crazy so far. They are knocking down some giants! One today was 28" inside! I usually don't see this many heads until next week. Looking forward to see how this ends. Bow season was way up and gun season looks like it's going to kick my a$$! They are coming from all over with some still coming from out of state! Guess the rain wasn't a factor this year. Hope everyone is getting plenty, they just seemed to get bigger every year!

11. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

What do you expect when you win 1st in whitetails at the World Taxidermy Championships?

12. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

LOL how about it! keep up the good work

13. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Looks pretty good so far. The rain hasn't seemed to dampen the hunt.

14. cwt

cwt Active Member

I have gotten one