1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

commissions closed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by HyenaFrosting, Dec 1, 2011.

1. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

*Current client slots booked*
    commissions are now closed

thanks for helping out, guys!
    pictures through e-mail will be provided

2. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

So far, I have slots currently occupied for 2 coyotes, one large size Timber Wolf, and a skunk from a local friend and will start next week.

Does anyone else want to jump in?

Again, If you've got something just laying around, I'd be glad to fix it up for you. I'm not charging, all I need are pictures of my work. Shoot me an e-mail if interested.

3. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

You seriously mean to tell me that people from here are actually sending you their pelts, and you are going to send them back a free mount with their pelt, your even going to help with shipping, I doubt anyone here knows you from applebutter, and their just suppose to say WOW yea here's my pelt, give me a break, even if by some miracle you are legit, I'm sure not sending a tanned hide to someone who just pops on here with 17 post, but I do wish ya the best of luck.

4. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

I'll say this now, and I'll try to be as polite as I possibly can despite your little negative attack and attempt to discourage people from working with me. I don't know you, but I will show respect, as I respect everyone on here and their opinions as well. Your statements are JUST that, opinions, and unless you have worked with me, you have no ground to say anything about me, or what I do. So, with that said...

You have no right to post on MY topic and put down what I am doing. You are not above me in any way shape or form, it doesn't matter how long you've been here, you have nothing ON me. I have been on Taxidermy.net since 2008. Granted, this is a new account, I shouldn't be treated like I'm some infantile newbie, because I'm not.

Excuse me for wanting to get to know more people and building up my list of possible customers for future works.
    Excuse me for wanting to practice my talent
    and most of all, excuse me for trying to further my education when nobody else in my family will support what I do, or my interest in Taxidermy.

I am doing this for purposes that will get me into the classes I need to take in order to do what I want to do with my Taxidermy work. People like you, are always trying to put others down, and it makes you look really bad. "Even if by some miracle" It's no miracle. With cooperation, it's all being correctly. I've been keeping in close contact over the phone and whathaveyou with everyone I'm currently working with, and all have my home address and phone numbers. All are being updated with pictures and information WHILE I work on their pelts. The number of posts I have does not make me any less eligible to want to do something like this. It's called practice and doing something good in return for somebody, not all are bad people out to get others. I'm NOT like that by far, and anyone that I have ever worked with can vouch for that. I know what it takes to make my clients happy and keep returning to help me out with my projects. Now, I don't know you as a person, so I wouldn't dare judge you and put you down. So why are you doing it to me? I don't need people like YOU trying to tell me I'm something less than what I am advertising, because that my friend, is slandering my name and making me look like crap. Which I do not appreciate. And once my work is all finished and my clients are absolutely happy with the craft work I put into their pieces, you can come back and realize how wrong you are to judge me so quickly.

Also, please take a moment to read this again if you haven't already.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,248119.0.html

Until then, you can take your negative comments elsewhere. Thanks.

5. Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

With all due respect, to both parties

"You have no right to post on MY topic and put down what I am doing. You are not above me in any way shape or form, it doesn't matter how long you've been here, you have nothing ON me. I have been on Taxidermy.net since 2008. Granted, this is a new account, I shouldn't be treated like I'm some infantile newbie, because I'm not."

This is a public forum. He does have every right to post - as do you. In fact, you technically shouldn't be posting in this category at all. This should be posted in the "Wanted" section since you are looking for work and you aren't "selling" anything.

I'm not defending the words written - just the fact that he does have as much a right to post, as long as it abides by the forum rules of Taxinet, as you do. Technically, you aren't selling anything - so he isn't discouraging a sale. If you had placed a price on it, you would have a point...but you didn't.

As for what you are offering, as another person in learning mode - I see the benefit in wanting the practice. I respect that greatly. But I am curious, without rendering judgment as to why, I'm wondering how this is of a benefit to you? I understand that you want to build a portfolio. But the cost of shipping and forms and other materials - would be setting you back WAY more than the cost of a few hides. A coyote cape is about $40-$65 maybe? A form is about $40ish, earliners, hide paste, eyes, paint, shipping...the major portion of the cost is the portion you are covering - how is this a viable option? I'm not questioning your motives or honesty or reputation. I'm just thinking if you bought a few hides, you could sell the finished product and recover some of your costs. I'm not trying to discourage you in anyway - to the contrary, I'm all for helping out a fellow learner. But this seems like an odd way to go about it. Your title says, "Need photos of my work but can't spend a ton" - seems to me this is costing you more than just buying a hide?

6. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

Well excuse me for not knowing your not some infantile newbie wil only 18 post. if ya had been around since 08 then who were ya before ya became BadgerBones, you know the old saying if it sounds to good to be true, well thats what your post reads like, you can probally get yourself a couple cheap coyotes and a bottle of krowtan for less than you will spen on shipping these mounts back to people. like I said, Best of luck.

7. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Agreed, that is actually very true. It's just the negative perspective of his post irritated me, you know? But that is very true, it is a free forum, and I do respect his right to post. Just not the comment, I took it as a personal attack.

Now, as for the work itself. Yes! Indeed a lot of that stuff does cost. but I have a little loophole advantage here. The people that I'm working with are actually purchasing the forms and their choice of eyes, I already have tons of supplies here that I've built up over the years, I have a box of various earliners, jaw sets, some eyes, paste, tanning chemicals, and scrap fur galore. Not to mention various tools and things to get the job done. I love doing this, to me, it's a pleasurable experience in which I can relax and showcase my talent. The only thing I need to do is put it all together! It makes great practice for me, AND I get to take a ton of pictures of my finished work and work in progress pictures to have as both portfolio and reference pictures before I send the completed work back. Which makes me very happy.

I am indeed benefiting by the experience, the trophy pictures, and gaining new friends and clients. I really love the idea.

8. Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

Well I'm sending her a pelt. I feel like taking a chance today. ;D

9. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

And Don, I understand that you felt the need to say what you said. Personally, I have no problem with you, and I'm sorry if it sounded like I was being rude back to you. I do not with to fight fire with fire, I'm a relaxed person and I hate conflict with anyone.

I have explained my shipping process above and how I am able to pick it up so easily.

10. Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

Well I wish you the very best of luck! Sounds like you've got a lot of help on your side :) I want to see the pics when you get them done!

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Badger, please try to see these comments as positive and constructive criticism from those who have already been there. I also replied to you via email as one of the mods. Good luck to you. Thanks everyone for being nice about this.

12. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

I'll keep that in mind as well. Thank you, Bill!

13. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

I thought this topic was really going to get nasty. All of you should be proud of yourselves, and some others should use y'all's example. You all discussed this as adults without acting like kids as so many here do. Badger bones, I don't know you, but you have my respect.

14. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Thank you, Chad! Name calling and getting angry is just immature, solves nothing, and it's not how I want to personally handle things. I'm glad nothing got out of hand. I'd rather have tons of friends than enemies :)

15. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA

I agree this should have been posted in the Wanted section.

16. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

I figured I'd project to an audience who have pelts on hand to work with, whom are selling them or perhaps wanting to trade for this. That's why I posted here. But I can see that aspect of it too.

17. Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

I am doing this for purposes that will get me into the classes I need to take in order to do what I want to do with my Taxidermy work.

Just curious, what kind of classes are you trying to get into that require you having to be able to show them mounts?

18. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

X2 I want to know what kind of class to.

19. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

I have an in with a local teacher friend of mine who instructs hands on classes and is involved in the California Association of Taxidermists, also known as C.A.T. He is looking into getting a meeting arranged with either Eric Gould or Brad Stallsworth, both AMAZING Taxidermists who's work I truly inspire. I need my portfolio ready in about 4 months, and then depending of what the higher ups here think of it, I will be able to participate in a few classes and get some experience and other things of that nature by some really well known show Taxidermists depending on what they think of my work. In other words, I will get one on one time with the best of the best that I can. I'm really excited! So I'm trying my very best one step at a time to get everything done. I really want to do this, nothing else makes me this happy. It's my talent, and I know I have potential to do something amazing with it. I appreciate the inquiry!

20. Re: Send me a pelt, and I'll send you back a finished mount. Need photos of my work, but cant spend

Best of luck. Keep us posted. =)