1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I am Impressed.......6900 Series McKenzie

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by antlerman, Dec 1, 2011.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Over the years, I like probably most of you, have tried just about every brand and pose and series of mannikin out there. Some I've liked, some I didn't and some I worked on until I was at least content. Now I'm not a whitetail guru like Yox and Carter and Meder and the boys, but I can tell you that the 6900 is the easiest to mount on and the most accurate in relation to the cape I was working with and the most accurate in relation to what I know about whitetail anatomy. The mount damn near fell together. The whole look is appealing. The lip line is right, the tear ducts are right, and yes I checked the eye socket angles and they are right. I can't set here and tell you all the correct muscle names like some, but I can tell you everything layed where it is suppose to. The nose pad fit perfectly and the nostils required very little tooling. I'm just an everyday commercial deerhead hack, just like most of you and I can tell you I'm sold on these mannikins. Without question the nicest mannikin I've ever mounted on. I Love them. Can't wait for the rest of the line to become available on Dec. 15th. If you haven't tried one yet, you need to. They are what I have been wanting in a mannikin forever. Nice job Dennis. You blew the roof off with this one. You are sure to have many happy customers with this one. Thanks.

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Mounted a few this week on those 6900's. I have to agree with everything you said about them.

3. dugart

dugart Doug Smith / D-Sign,LLC. 616-392-3841

Used my first one last week. I agree it's super nice, especially the brisket area! In fact, before I mounted on the 6900, I re-sculpted (copied) that brisket design onto a Revolution manikin and it worked great! The brisket patterns just fall into place.

4. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

i have mounted up 5 on this form the last 2 weeks i agree with everything antlerman said, thing dam near fell right on in place

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Well, I have a few of them to do on that form because I wanted to try it. I hope it's all everyone says it is, if so, I might do one of my own for display on it.

6. irishme

irishme New Member

;) They are super.
    Finally a better form ;)

7. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

I havent tried them yet . But I do
    have a couple in the shop that I need to do in the next couple weeks.
    It is a very nice looking form.

8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I have one on order for my bow buck this year. I'm guessing when people see it on the display wall many will choose this form. I know some guys say it's the not form it's the taxidermist but I agree with you Antlerman. My day of mounting is much more enjoyable when everything falls into place and I don't have to taxi the skin inch by inch.

9. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

Mounting one up tomorrow on it for the first time.

10. antlerman

I'm sitting here studying these mannikin's again today and going over the one I mounted yesterday and getting ready to mount today on another one and there is something about these mannikin's that I have seen before. It is as though I sculpted this mannikin myself. Then it dawned on me. I have been doing these lines myself. They are my lines. Why? Because I have been making these same alterations to every mannikin I have mounted on for about 3 years now. When did I start changing these lines?? Well, I be damned. Then it hit me. I learned these lines at a Yoxathon. Then I wondered why there wasn't more people as captivated by this mannikin as I am. Then another reality hit me. I have hosted 4 Yoxathons. A few of you have attended one. Maybe you didn't grasp in one Yoxathon as much as I could by being involved in 4 of them. I don't know. But what I do know is somebody has gotten this mannikin right, and I don't have to tool it to obtain what I learned about anatomy from Bill Yox. Perhaps Dennis attended a Yoxathon.....LOL IDK But Bill, someone else is seeing a whitetail the same way you do. It is one of those things that is making me go humm.
    Ok, so now I'm asking all you guys that have been to a Yoxathon to examine this mannikin yourself and tell me you haven't seen these lines before. Maybe, just maybe there's more to this mannikin than we know. Or maybe Dennis just happens to see a whitetail with Yox Eyes. Or maybe someone just decided to put out the effort to get one right for a change. Either way, this mannikin ROCKS. Now if I could ask for one change it would be that the ear butt area be changed to except the Eppley style butts. Then I think I could call this mannikin the PERFECT mannikin right out of the box. To whoever the credit goes .....Thank You for this breakthrough in mannikin design. It's the cats meow. Hands down the best I've ever seen. Just change the ear butt bosses and it will be PERFECT. The perfect snap together mannikin. Just add the new Joe Meder eyes, and Eppley style Butts and liners and thats as snap together as it gets. Even a hack like me can put out a top quality mount. Life made simple.

11. bwilke

bwilke Member

How do they fit in the head and face for northern deer? I have used many mckenzie forms and over all really like them. The only draw back to them is that they all seem to be a little light in the face for northern deer

12. antlerman

I don't think you can compare this mannikin with any other McKenzie brand mannikin. (My opinion) This mannikin has a nice heavy head. Fits these Illinois blockhead deer just fine. I agree, problem with any other McKenzie brand mannikin is a skinny feminine head. Not with these.

13. bwilke

bwilke Member

glad to hear that! Will be trying one soon!

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

Ok Tim, now I am really looking forward to seeing one of these. I "sold" a few more of them today, can't wait to see this form!

15. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Yes that`s what I thought; if the manikin would except eppley ear butts, this would be the perfect form , as it is they go on pretty good.

16. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

I just mounted my first one up on this form and it turned out great. I hope they come out with new poses with all these new features.