1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ December 2011!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ December 2011!!!!!!!!

The warmest of welcomes and Happy Holidays from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! As we all get ready for the upcoming holidays take time to breath! Remember it is only taxidermy and if you get it all done or not your still a great person and when you get that one last fish done of the year it will be a great one! Too many folks I know get so stressed about the Christmas rush of fish. I once wrote and article one this subject of the relationship between Christmas and taxidermy clients. I mention this after a phone call I received from a young lady who does taxidermy and told me what a client said to her regarding the “need” to get their fish before Christmas. I told her that she is not alone and to not let some folks get her down. Christmas is a tough holiday for many but keep in mind that Christmas is about the birth of Christ, who if memories serve me that he is a really understanding as well forgiving teacher. It is all well and good to be a super businessperson and get all the fish done by the holidays however just keep in mind understanding that we are all just that people who do the best we can. Don’t get stressed about the holidays just remember that you are a good person and from what I see here each month a pretty great fish taxidermist too!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of December with two very talented hard working taxidermists from Mr. Mike Pommarane of Oregon and Mr. Ed Andersen of Massachusetts! Mike and Ed alike are passionate fly fisherman as well as Big Salmon and Steelhead fish heads too! I hope you enjoy a few photos of their workshop and their fish work!

I hope a few moments of encouragement that every one starts somewhere and can accomplish great this with hard work and great passion for the art of fish taxidermy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in 2012!

So here we go and here is to a great December in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is a Cool Coho and Smallie from Mr. Mike Pommarane!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Ed Andersens beautiful Hen Steelhead! Way to go Ed!

[​IMG]

2. Great post Rick,

Many people get caught up in the rush and in the process forget why there is a rush in the first place.
    Work hard everyone, but you need to reach a point where you breathe and and don't forget your family. They are what makes this time of year feel so special and so precious. Life is short, if you blink you might miss it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

Its been a bass week, Ive been up to my bass in bass. lol
    here are a few I recently finished up.

The first two are repaints of customers fish. The first was an Arp Blank but was heavily modified using a Lake country head. (The customers original fish had a much larger head then the Arp blank. It took several test fits of heads until we found the winner.
    I also recreated the peculiar light spot on the tail and some scarring along the caudal peduncle.

[​IMG]

The next is a Smallmouth. A Lake country Blank I believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last was a small fish. A custom replica of a small Largemouth. I had a lot of fun on this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

We could not ask for a better start to this months fish pics,
    very nice !

4. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Hi- Love the start of this week.. Thanks. Ollie

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Josh, I have to say you have become one of the top guns on here with your artistry. Your work has become amazing and I enjoy and look forward to seeing your stuff. Great start and Happy Holiday's!

6. Great work guys!!!

Man that coho is :eek:!!!!!! Very fishy to say the least!

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

sweeeeetness.

I don't have many fish going on at the moment. But im working in another taxidermists shop over the winter, and here is one of the fish i just finished up for him.

Oldschool Arp Bluegill. Wasn't in the best if shape, but it worked, and I believe a VanDykes eye of some sort. You work with what your given when you work for others :)

Happy Holidays to everyone, and hopefully this is a good month for us all.

Jimmy Lawrence

Attached Files:

8. Sikk

Sikk Member

Josh, you amaze me. Here is my last project, LC 23 inch, nice blank. paul

Attached Files:

9. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

My Blank:
    ATSA-7
    31"x 20.5" 16lb. Female Atlantic Salmon(Lake Ontario)

Attached Files:

10. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

;)

Attached Files:

11. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Nice to see it painted up Rich, and you have certainly captured the "silver" look !
    John

12. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice Rich! Ollie

13. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

GREAT FISH JOSH WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT LMS TAIL.THAT GILL IS GREAT AA I WOULD LOVE TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL IN YOU SHOP FOR ABOUT A WEEK AS LONG AS I DIDNT GET SWATED LOL YOUR FISH ARE ALWAYS KILLER.

14. At some point the fishes tail was injured. This resulted in a funky crimped caudal peduncle. In addition to that there was a spot with no pigment on the upper lope of the caudal fin.
    Kinda fun to replicate nature rather then a classic bass.

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

Outstanding start to the month........Josh....well you know!! LOL!!

Great fish guys!!

Here's a 44" skin mounted pike........MERRY CHRISTMAS to all !

DougP

Attached Files:

16. I don't know where to start so I'm not going to. Incredible work you guys.

17. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Awesome stuff guys.

18. rp

rp Member

Wow awsum stuff from u guy's. Just love those bucketmouths Josh, Rich ur work is always inspiring. From me a Mozambique Tilapia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rian Potgieter
    Angler's Pride Reproductions
    South Africa

19. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

KILLER PIKE DOUG JOUSH THATS COOL THAT YOU WOULD GO THE EXTRA MILE TO COMPLETELY REPLICATE THE GUYS FISH RP THAT TALAPIA IS A VERY COOL LOOKING FISH.

20. That is a pretty Talapia rp. Here are some fish I just got done with. The Redears are all about 12"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]