1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ December 2011!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 3, 2011.

1. few more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Splish spash I was takin' a bath!

Attached Files:

3. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing this thread every couple days! Inspiring work. I have never seen a Talapia other then on a plate. What a mouth !

[​IMG]

4. I'll add a recently finished customer Smallmouth to the mix....custom cast blank.. ;)

Attached Files:

5. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

[​IMG]

6. WOW! Beautiful, beautiful fish so far this month!
    Here is a Tiger Rockfish. custom mold/cast.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas everyone!

7. axel

axel Member

A summer steelhead just finished, not nearly as sweet as perca's

Merry Christmas!!

Attached Files:

8. :).Christmas present..Awesome fish so far this month as always very inspiriring.

Attached Files:

9. Super good work so far guys!!!!

Mr. Peterson your sure have some crazy species out your way. Sweet work man!!!!

10. agagne41

agagne41 New Member

Jim , how did you attach the pan fish to the reeds and what are the reeds made of? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Al

11. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Kelly Burt made the reeds and grass for me. Everything was custom cut for the piece. Each reed had a tab braised on it that was used to attach the fish. I cut a slot in the back of the fish and epoxied them in place. Kelly is very nice to deal with and his work is first class.
    Jim

12. agagne41

agagne41 New Member

Thanks for the response, Jim.

13. Jim F.

Jim F. Let's go Fishin!!!

Once again, great start to the month. Awesome work from all.

Here are a couple more Chinook from this last summer.
    Both skin mounts, custom cast heads, liquid scales.

The second one is a special story.
    This fish is for Terre Haute IN. K-9 Police officer Brent Long. He was killed in the line of duty on 7/11/2011.
    He was planning to fish with his friends in the Door/Kewaunee counties Salmon tournament this July, which he had done for many years. They always fished out of my home port of Kewaunee, Wi. His friends decided to make the tournament and fish in his honnor. They brought along pictures of Brent and kept them on the dash of the boat all the while they fished. He had told his friends in the past that if he got a 30 pounder, he would get it mounted. They caught this fish in his honnor and it came in at just over 29#. They decided to have it mounted for him and present it to his wife and family where it will be displayed among his many other mounts, both deer and fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. scanman

scanman New Member

A Lake Country Reproduction, I finished up for a customer for his kid for Christmas. I hope he likes it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Wow.. Beautiful work!! I have been busy with feathers, but finally got to some fins. :)
    A clients fish on a stick. ;D Blank is by Randy B.
    JS.

Attached Files:

• gill.jpg
      gill.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
  16. Its been a little while since I have posted a fish on here. Here is a 42" Bull Mahi Repro from New Wave and Still Life Lens's Thanks to Travis and Rick for all the help!!

[​IMG]

17. Great looking fish Al!

18. Really nice fish everyone. Jason that looks better than the original I did, great prep and detail man.

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

One of the nicest Bluegills around right there Jason...beautiful work ;)

Travis: I really like how you chose to "frame" that rockfish because it is a work of art and truly deserving of the treatment :)

20. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

There's a bunch of nice fish work being posted again this month and it would be great if I had the typing ability to comment on each of them as I believe they should all receive a pat on the back, good work everyone keep posting and speaking for myself I enjoy every one.