1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A tutorial..."How to reduce the size of your Mckenzie catalog"

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by double barrel, Dec 4, 2011.

1. double barrel

double barrel New Member

First, find something in there you don't mount, like elephants, for example. Hold the book open in your left hand, tear out that page and throw it down with your right hand.
    Ninety percent of the fish I mount are L.M. bass with an ocasional crappie or trout. I like Tohickon eyes. So I tear out all those Van Dyke eyes that I don't use, that alone will lighten the book by 4 lbs. 7 oz.
    I haven't gotten into the african thing yet. No game farms around here, they wouldn't fit thru my door anyway so out they go.
    Basically, just tear out any thing you don't use. I have another one in case I get 5 calls tomorrow wanting elephants done.
    My catalog is only 1/4 " thick.
    Another method is to hang it in the outhouse like the sears catalogs back around the turn of the century. I used to antique alot, anybody ever see a Sears cat. from 1800? It makes the Mck. Cat look tiny. I wonder if an old cowboy ever walked in to the old dry goods store and ordered some britches and said, " dern catalog's too thick, need a forklift to get it off the counter. LOL!

2. This thread is useless without pictures. ;D

3. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

HAHA! thats funny sh#t

4. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Phone books work better in the outhouse......paper is more "absorbant"!