1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

most preferred commercial wt forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by E. Byrd, Dec 5, 2011.

1. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

what is your most preferred form for commercial wt.

2. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Matuska competators choice hands down!! Fit our midwest deer great. Still limited in their variety of forms but I always use them when I can.

3. Ohio taxidermy or buckeye

4. BMHET

BMHET Member

Mckenzie 6900

5. Gene Smith, Ohio Taxidermy Supply

6. guinea1

guinea1 New Member

Revolution for northern deer and coombs for southern

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Not only are there "dumb questions", there are equally dumb answers.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

George, I knew you were going to see this before I went to bed!(LOL)

9. Georges is the only dumb answer on this question.

10. George

John I may not be the sharpest tack in the pack but I do know that I neither asked a question nor answered one.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Touchstone upright straight

12. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

mr. roof, what is so dumb about asking peoples preference. i have tried a couple and didnt like em and im a rookie, so i figure i would see what some of the pros like and go from there. dont see whats so dumb about that. And thanks for the replies , even the dumb ones.

13. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

E.Byrd, this question gets asked as soon as it leaves page 1 which is easily more than once a week . This is just one of those (you should use the serch the archives question) questions. Have a great day ;D

14. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

i get where ya comin from but i rarely have time to search, i jump on ask a question and come back later to see if there is an answer. I reckon tho before i ask any more dumb questions ill find time seein as how it bothers folks.

15. George

And aside from that, if that question is such a burning desire,WHY? You should form your own preference. If Bill Yox prefers one type of form, my using it is not going to make MY deer look like his. And right here you see the utter bull$hit about "your deer" don't look like "my deer" since your whitetails come from Manitoba and mine come from Alabama. If the measurements are right, any deer from anywhere will FIT ANY FORM. Every sculptor has his or her own interpretation of what a deer looks like. You may or may not agree with that interpretation but YOUR deer will damned sure FIT that form.

So asking people THEIR preference is just dumb when it comes to mediums of talent and preference. And this is about the hundredth time I've typed this same response.i

16. Karl

Karl OUTDOOR VISIONS TAXIDERMY

George, right or wrong you really are a ill mannerd old Terd.

17. George

Karl, you missed my signature line so I'll retype it just for you: If the truth offends you, by all means, avoid it. If that makes me a turd, I figure the world could use a helluva lot more turds.

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

If you really want to see what Bill Yox prefers, see the 6900 series McKenzie. I hear he likes that one a lot.

19. E. Byrd

E. Byrd Member

i get your point mr roof and from lookin at your work i can see you are a professional and i respect you opinion. with that bein said tho, im not wanting my deer to look like "your deer", i was just askin what some of the guys on here prefer. some seem to have alot good to say about the new mckenzie form. so if you can have so much good to say about one brand, then it stands to reason that there can be forms that are less desirable for one reason or another. and as far as to how many times you have typed the same response, i would consider that dumb as well. If you dont feel like repeating yourself then just ignore the post. once again im not tryin to start any trouble or disrespect anyone, but didnt feel as the question was dumb at all. just computer small talk if you will.

20. Karl

Karl OUTDOOR VISIONS TAXIDERMY

Ill mannerd George, ....The guy was simply seeking opinions about whitetail forms, it shouldnt matter how many others have done the same. But you try to make a newcomer to tax. feel foolish for a very common question. Everyone starts somewhere George. I bet you even have a prferred com. wt. form. or forms. Instead of giving one of youre favorites youd rather give insults.