1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well this was different...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Dec 5, 2011.

1. This deer had a deformed ear that was fused in place so to speak. Customer said he never saw the ear move before he took him during bow season here in FL. He wanted the deer as is, which was cool. Just mounted him this evening and have some adjustments still but turned out neat. Very cool coloration on this deers face to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West
    Looks real nice.

3. JAGibson

JAGibson New Member

coloration is different on that deer i like it... good looking mount. i had a deer come in once with a floppy ear kinda like that and it was all messed up at the ear butt. i think it was an old injury however.

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

You did a great job with that ear Dennis! Love the coloration in the brows and muzzle on that one.

5. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Saw a doe last year with the same kind of ear. Had her on the game camera many times and the ear was always the same. Just a broken ear that fused I suppose.

6. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Dennis, I love your work.

7. Awesome work on that ear and the mount. That deer is all around unique from the antlers that look like they are 60 years old (coloration) to the dark line in the brow and I have never seen antlers tips that look like they were sawed off....

8. Great job on the ear! Looks just like the real thing!

9. cwt

cwt Active Member

Good job

10. Great job as always Denis. That is one of the coolest looking deer I have ever seen for color. One of these days I am coming to Florida droping the kids off at Dworld and am coming to your shop to learn how to do eyes like yours. Down the road-

11. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

really cool color on that one indeed!

12. Outstanding job on a very unique looking deer. I like it a lot.

13. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Outstanding! A difficult situation that was handled great.

14. verne

verne Well-Known Member

He should be very HAPPY ;D

15. Thanks everyone. :)

16. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

We have an OLD doe that has both ears just like that. Named her floppy ears. She has managed to avoid us for 4 years now. Only camera pics. Great job on the mount.

17. callou2131

callou2131 New Member

Love the coloring on that. I have a 1.5 year old spike on my property like that. That deer never turned down a fight!