1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ky Stud

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ktmhrs, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

Here is a deer that was killed on opening day of ky gun season on the carter/greenup co line. A friend of mine msgd me and said she was going to her grandfathers farm to look at a big deer her cousin killed. Rumor has it that it could be the new state record.

Attached Files:

2. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

another

Attached Files:

3. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

last one

Attached Files:

4. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

whats the current KY record?

5. Google says 204 2/8 . Not sure if this one will get there?

6. jake95

jake95 New Member

wow, thats got some mass.

EDIT- just realised the double throat patch, awesome!

7. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

I dont know if it will make it, but i think it will be close. I wish i would have climbed out of my stand and went to see the deer with her.

8. swampfox

swampfox New Member

I never get out of a stand to look at someone's deer till I'm done hunting either. That's a real good way to not get your buck. What was he shot with in the neck, a bazooka ? ;)

9. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

It was shot in the shoulder, the picture of it hanging looks like there is a hole in the neck but it is just ruffled hair. My friend said that it had scars all over it from fighting.

10. swampfox

swampfox New Member

I'm glad to hear that. I have always said it costs less to shoot em' right. I can imagine it has some battle scars, and I imagine you need to be looking for what thought they could whip him. ;)

11. That is some serious mass right there. Lets hope he got to pass along some of those genes.

12. ktmhrs

ktmhrs Member

Swampfox that is exactly what i was thinking when i first saw all of the scars on the deer. What makes this situation even better is the fact that I have recieved permission to hunt this farm from now on!

13. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Well, if you don't hunt that property as much as you can shame on you ! You never know what might be there still. The proof of potential is hanging in that pic. ;)

14. WOW... What a hoss!!!

15. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

WHAT a picture that needs to be framed!!!!!!!!1