1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

***RESOLVED!***

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by HyenaFrosting, Dec 9, 2011.

1. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Thanks!

2. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

Re: Coyote pelt in the dryer? Any quick dry suggestions for a wet tanned yote?

You do not have to speed up the drying? Bag it and freeze it till you can mount it.

3. GSD

GSD New Member

I wouldn't dry it, as stated, freeze it. I tumble pelts in the dryer, but only no heat, just to fluff them up & get rid of the extra water in the fur.

4. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Thereee you go, that's what I'm looking to do then. How long did you let tumble for? I just really need to get all of the water out of her fur, she's to the point of dripping.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

roll it up in towels to soak up the excess water...i'm not a big fan of using the dryers....the speed is to fast and it can beat the skin up....a slow speed tumbler with sawdust or corncob like the tannery uses works best.....again, the tannerys use a slow speed tumbler

6. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

I agree. Use the towels. I use my washing machine on spin cyle to get rid of excess water. Then bag and fridge. if you're going to work on it the next day, or freeze. I undestand it's a wet tan, but why is it "dripping" wet?

7. HyenaFrosting

HyenaFrosting New Member

Got it, thank you both for the tips. And I have no idea why she was so wet, she came in a freezer bag and had nothing but water all at the bottom.