1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best whitetail states to hunt?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by duxdog, Dec 11, 2011.

1. jorgy

jorgy Member

You obviously have not been to NE Iowa. Huge hills and huge bucks

2. Spysar

Spysar Member

Has anyone hunted both Iowa and Saskatchewan? Well I have. Both several times.

Since the OP said he wants a DIY hunt, Sask is out. Non res have to hire an outfitter. The bottom 2/3rds of Sask has whiteys.

Both areas have huge potential. Both areas have people that don't enter their giant bucks, Both areas have areas of lesser whitetail habitat.

In Iowa there is nice bucks on public, and you have a chance of gaining permission if you ask. Saskatchewan, no.

For the ? the OP asked, Iowa would be the better choice, since he has the points needed.

I'd check out Missouri too(Cole?). The right ground in any midwest state can be great.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Well hell, you should have responded first. ;D I agree with everything you said.

4. RIVERBLADE

RIVERBLADE New Member

My bad, I thought you were looking for a quality hunt (seeing lots of deer and a chance at a nice buck) I didnt realize you were asking for a world record, you'll have to find him on your own.