1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Selling Pet Peeve: If I Am Selling Something, Don't Tell ME To Call YOU

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by PacWest, Dec 13, 2011.

1. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Cleaning out some messages from last year, and I can't believe how many time I was selling something and someone replied, "Here is my number, call me." Or, "I am interested, call me." Or "I might want your cape so e-mail me at this e-mail address."

Uh, no. Do the checkers at Walmart call you to ask you to come in and buy what you need? It's called selling, not baby sitting. When we sell something and you have the time to send a message, then ask whatever you need to ask in the message, but don't order people to call you. If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you have some control issues because daddy did not give you enough hugs when you were a kid, then don't take out on sellers. Buy it or don't, but please stop demanding that sellers call you. It's called supply and demand, not supply and demand a damn call. Rant over.

2. GC424

GC424 New Member

Now that is the Customer Service I am talking about :)

3. pdmd2911

pdmd2911 Member

I was in the hide and specimen business for years and had the same problem. My wife would take messages and complain I never returned calls to these price shoppers. Almost to a tee if I them called back they would never purchase, they just wanted to fish around and chat. I had to call a couple back just to prove the point to her. I then showed her the cost of the calls and she never bothered me again.

If the customer really wants it, they will call back.

4. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    What about people requesting pics through email?

5. Requesting pics is fine. Don't ask me to call you though. I won't do it unless I know that person and consider them a friend.

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

try selling on trapperman.com....they all leave you phone numbers.....but...they do all leave a subject on pm's and location on profile....something this site is lacking.....(thats my rant)

7. Alan B

Alan B Member

Buying Pet Peeve!
    ( In General) If you are selling something at least have the courtesy of replying to a PM or email or even if the item is sold in a timely matter.
    can't even remember how many times I have sent a PM or sent an email to never have gotten a response.

If they leave you there phone number to call them back do you email them back and tell them you don't return calls and would rather discuss via email? just curious

8. bgman

bgman Member

I can feel the LOVE all the way here in Iowa!!

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I don't think I will ever buy another pet peeve since I already have several and it turns out that they make terrible pets.

10. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

"Hey Pac West, this is Pamela Anderson. Do you still have those skins for sale? Call me baby......... 567-123-$&@# ;D ;D ;D ;D

11. ravenswings1

ravenswings1 New Member

USA
    I don't like it the other way around either. If I inquire about something for sale and the person tells me to call them.

12. PacWest

PacWest Active Member

Yes they are still for sale. Instead of calling you, I will buy a plane ticket and come show you a powerpoint presentation of what I have available and how it could benefit you and your friends. I am looking for mid-level re-sellers and I think you have what it takes. Put on some coffee and I will fly in tomorrow night.

Thanks,

Pac

13. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

LOL!! Merry Christmas

14. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Member

West

15. NID-20

NID-20 Active Member

Quite the business man and salesman It sounds like . This must be just a hobby for you Pac West otherwise you would learn some manners. You also have to spend money to make money . Somebody gives me their phone number I call them immediately and see what I can do to complete a deal and if they are not happy with someting I call them to see what I have to do to make things right . Thats just part of being in business

16. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Pet Peeves have been outlawed here in California. PETA has said there has been way too many of them die due to abuse.

17. petabeater

petabeater New Member

Some folks just like to hear themselves whine