1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oklahoma State Mounting Contest & WTD Mini-Comp.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by kbauman, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Saturday, Jan. 14th, the OKTA will host its annual State Mounting Contest and Commercial Whitetail Mini-competition. The event will be held at the Fraternal Order of Police Bldg. on S. Agnew, in Oklahoma City. For more information, please visit the OKTA website at: www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com

2. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    The Wildlife Gallery Tannery will be picking up frozen and dry salted capes at this particuluar OKTA event. If you would like to save money on frieght, then make plans to be at the FOP Hall in OKC, January 14th. I would make sure and be there in the morning. For more information, contact Brian at the Wildlife Gallery at 830-864-4422 or contact me at 405-570-1051.

3. dartondude

dartondude New Member

wish i lived closer

4. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    This event is tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to come out and attend. A tannery will be there accepting capes for tanning and the House of Clay will have potter's clay there for sale. Come join us.

5. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

Kenneth,
    It was nice meeting you and some of the other members of the association this weekend. It was a very laid back environment and I learned a lot during the mounting contest. Definitely worth my 3 hr drive and hope to attend many more and looking forward to the state show.

Thanks,
    Tim

6. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Glad you enjoyed the event. The turn out was awesome. Keith Compton of Broken Bow won the Mounting Contest and Jason DeLue of Okay was the runner up. Jason DeLue of Okay won the Whitetail Mini Competition and Larry Ellis of Hinton was the Runner Up. I hope everyone can join us on March 31 for the All Day Workshop. Speaker will be World Champion Lance Van Dusen and he will teach the OKTA carcass casting.