1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Red Golden Male

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by ZEPS, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ZEPS

ZEPS Member

Red Golden Male 65.00 includes shipping tip of tail has a little fraying Email [email protected] or call 920 822 8738 after 5:00 pm central time .
    Joe Zepnick
    1056 Jaworski rd .
    Pulaski WI. 54162
    [​IMG]

2. LJ MACK

LJ MACK WALK SOFTLY AND CAREY A LONG STICK.

What makes the neck feathers orange like on this bird? I have a male that has yellow neck feathers but the three young roosters out of him have orange like this bird. I was just wondering if it is common or not,I have never seen any in pictures that had orange neck feathers only yellow. Thanks John

3. LJ MACK

LJ MACK WALK SOFTLY AND CAREY A LONG STICK.

How about it zep,got any idea what makes the neck feathers orange on some birds?

4. zifdenpants

zifdenpants Member

Orange is the usual color for the hood of a red gold. Even the yellow golds generally have a similar orange coloring, although often times it is a bit more pale. The yellow hood is probably just a color mutation that could have appeared in the genetics. I've heard tell of someone who crossed and red gold and an amherst and through selective breeding mangaged to create a stable red crested red gold.

5. ZEPS

ZEPS Member

Still for sale .

6. zifdenpants

zifdenpants Member

email sent